"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions
Old 12-21-2006, 09:06 AM   #21
Chef Extraordinaire
marge, there's not much i can do for our grandma but give you a hug and tell you that we love and appreciate you, today and always. things will get better, i promise.

if not, i'm gonna have to get licia to do some "early morning quiet work" for you.

in nomine patri, et fili, et spiritus sancti.
beidh ar la linn.
wisdom is often in short supply within ones' ego.
buckytom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2006, 09:23 AM   #22
Master Chef
Sweet Marge. I can't imagine your pain right now, but, give it a try. Maybe talking to others that have lost their mate will help you as you can help them too. I agree with everyone else here.

texasgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2006, 09:25 AM   #23
Executive Chef
Send a message via MSN to YT2095
I`ve held off from posting here because I really have nothing to offer.

but consider this, you would have considerably Larger issues if you DIDN`T feel the way you do.

it`s not much but it`s the best I`ve got, and to hope that things begin to ease off a little for you over the hollidays :)
So long and Thanks for all the Fish ;)

YT2095 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2006, 10:59 AM   #24
Master Chef
I'm so sorry Marge......I wish you were close so I could come over and give you a big hug, a shoulder to cry on and a ear to listen.

Its just going to take time..... how long only God knows. No matter your always going to miss him but in time it will get easier although it sure doesn't feel like it now. Your doing the right thing by seeing the doctor, counseling and reaching out to your friends.

What would Paul say to you if he were sitting right in front of you and you told him what you were feeling and experiencing.

I know with the holiday season I miss my loved ones all the more......just not the same without them but ..... I also know that mom, dad and my brother wouldn't want me to feel so down and sad they'd want me to celebrate each day I have here on this earth all the while knowing that they are only a thought away and that even though they aren't visible to me they are with me when I need them and most of all that we will all be together again someday and until then I need to live this life to its fullest and enjoy the time I have here with my loved ones. I try to treasure each day but I still have my down times where the wound in my heart opens back up and the tears start to flow....sometimes its something that reminds me of them and occasionally there's no rhyme or reason why.

Lets hope and pray that by you seeking help your boys will do the same also.

I'll pray for you all. Love ya Marge!
Se non supporta il calore, vattene dalla cucina!
SizzlininIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2006, 12:04 PM   #25
Executive Chef
Marge, I hope you are remembering the good times today and feeling better. I'm thinking about you - not necessarily the way BT is , but hope we can all help you to get through the rough times.
Be an organ donor; give your heart to Jesus.
Exercise daily; walk with the Lord.
licia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2006, 01:19 PM   #26
Sous Chef
Daisy, thanks for the probably clarification. We had a dear friend who almost died of stomach bleeding from too much vioxx--and celebrex isn't far behind!!

Candocook is offline   Reply With Quote