Anger Management Test

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Normal Anger Management Skills: Clinical Help May be Useful

LOL, I did better then I thought I would!

I am NOT an angry person, but I have been really frustrated lately.

TATTRAT said:
I am NOT an angry person, but I have been really frustrated lately.
I would venture to guess that the source of your frustration is not being able to see through the eggs over your eyes. :LOL: As you can see, mine
<------------ escaped from your face, only to be trapped within his own egg whites!

:) Barbara

You answered TRUE to a total of 12 questions.
You have answered TRUE to ten or more of these statements or have answered TRUE to one of the last 4 questions. A score of this type suggests that you are seriously prone to anger problems. Anger problems are likely causing difficulty in family, social and/or occupational settings. We strongly recommend that you seek out an anger management program (available through your EAP program at work or through local therapists) to help yourself learn better, more constructive ways to manage your anger

Wow I didn't think I was THAT angry !

I got a six, so I must be alot more angry than I thought I was. I grew up in the explosive environment too, so most of the time when I am angry I keep it to myself.

I scored a 1. I agree with Alix. Moxt of the questions tend to be too rigid. for instance, when I was in my early 20's, I did punch a steel safe once, and a brick wall, and broke the tail-light lens of a van that I owned. But I never hit anyone except that they hit me first, and then only three times in my life. And I only hit the other person as a last resort.

I am usualy a peacemaker by nature. Now, I never get so angry as to lash out. I tend to get quiet and think things through to support my opinions or arguments rather than get emotional. That used to drive my wife crazy because she didn't know what I was thinking for up to 8 - 10 minutes at a time. She was expecting instant reaction rather than a carefully thought out response. But I didn't want to blurt out something that would just cause more problems or that was false and said in the heat of anger.

Now I have said stupid things out of anger before. But you have to really get on my nerves before that will happen. And it takes an awful lot ot get me there. Only one of my boys ever pushed me far enough that I got physical whith him, and then I just pushed him away from me.

I learned that anger is a learned response, and just as I could choose anger, I can choose to just turn it off at will. I don't always think to do that, but I often do. It mystifies my wife how I can just turn it off at will. It's a learned skill.

Anger is loss of self control, and just as I am in complete control of any vehicle I drive, I try to control my own self. Maybe that's why I love such sports as archery, air-hockey, and games such as darts. They require mastery of self.

Seeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

I don't know who wouldn't want get even, or who ever did not regret saying something. Unless of course person is so far gun that saying something terrible feels just right.

I scored 11; I think I should have scored 12, but answer false for one kind of tricky question.

If you ask people about me, I am the best person to have around, nice and quite too.

0 - 4 Better than Normal Anger Management Skills

You answered TRUE to a total of 3 questions.

You have answered fewer than 5 questions as being TRUE for you. This suggests that you are more in control of your anger than are most people.

I think I need to take it over again...LOL I thought I was a very mellow lady.

I went back to see why I scored 3
#7 I get toungue tied..LOL
#9 showing emotions..true..I should have had another 15 years with Paul
#11 I am prone to migrains so getting up set will trigger one

Last edited:
You answered TRUE to a total of 0 questions.
You have answered fewer than 5 questions as being TRUE for you. This suggests that you are more in control of your anger than are most people.

I am sure that there was a time when I was angry maybe they just didn't cover it on this test. :wacko:

Was this angry a 1-10 level, 1-100 or 1 in a thousand?

I'm in the better range of normal. Works for me. Being too much more mellow, to me, would mean I'm being walked all over (something that has been a problem in the past!).

got an 11. jake got a 10.
i don't see why they assume i'm angry.
'scuse me while i throw something at jake cause he obviously figures he's special cause he's less angry than me & i've gotta show him who's boss. maybe i'll punch him, too. after i throw his beloved playstation across our living room.
..... & they say i'm angry.:rolleyes:

I got 7, I am rather a brooder than an explosive hurricane type, tend to just sulk in the corner in isolation. Not the healthiest attitude either, but at least I don't inflict any damage on other people or objects!

However if I take it now maybe I will get a higher score, as these "I scored 0!!" people have gotten me slightly irritated...:LOL:

Fair enough, answered one of the Crucial Four as a "yes" so I'm doomed, evidently. Must seek counseling. Making a note as we speak.

Frankly, all I did is push some papers off my husband's desk (is that "breaking"?) because he was being insufferably smug. I wanted to wring his neck, so I consider that brilliant anger management!

Yikes, I am a twelve.....! Who'd have guessed? Yep, I have thought some pretty angry things in stressed situations, but thats the management bit, they were thoughts, not actions. Oh dear, now I am trying to excuse it, syptomatic of my extreme anger problem, lol. I have said things I have later regretted too often, and work hard on that these days, and whilst there are are certain people I would like to have revenge on, I would never, ever do anything, just fervantly wish I would sometimes. Ok, I admit it, I am a towering rage of pent up fury.....(sighs before giggling)

kimbaby said:
I scored an 11... go figure...

who`de have thought it, and you don`t look above 2 in your avatar either :rolleyes:

hasn`t anyone BEATEN 15 yet:mad:?
you lot disgust me! call yourselves chefs!:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Take a deep breath YT!

(Common folks, this guy is a 15 help keep him calm!)

tee-hee, would love to see what my Chefs would score- they love to scream & yell & occassionally fling freshly-washed kitchen items from thier shelf if they're not properly arranged & so we re-wash them & re-arrange them. or they throw pots around that kitchen.
& that's when they're being kind.:LOL:
dagnabbit, i luv Chef school.:LOL:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom