Anger Management Test

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

goboenomo

Head Chef
Mental Help Net - Anger Management - Anger Quiz

I got a 5, but they said I need help because I answered yes to getting so angery that I've physically done something.

Yeah I didn't tell you. My girlfriend and I had an arguement, and she was ending the relationship for many stupid reasons. I got really mad and punched the floor a couple times. It was just to get the anger out. It was just a one time thing. But we're fine now.

This was pretty interesting.

Here is what mine said.

You answered TRUE to a total of 3 questions.

You have answered fewer than 5 questions as being TRUE for you. This suggests that you are more in control of your anger than are most people.

Alix said:
Wow. 0 for me. Doesn't that just make you angry enough to haul off and whack me one GB? :LOL: :LOL:

Zero for me, too, Alix. I'm pretty easy-going and don't really get mad at anything or anyone. I thought some of the questions were interesting, though, because I couldn't imagine thinking some of the things that were suggested.

I grew up in a pretty explosive environment - read that quite, quite dysfunctional. I think that gave me the tools so sort out what really needs to be concerned about or mad about. For some reason a phrase I was taught when I was much younger still sticks with me:

"Dogs get MAD. People get ANGRY." I realize it's just words, but it puts things in perspective for me sometimes.

Alix!? A zero!? Do you get mad?

Oh YA! But those questions were so absolute they were all or nothing in my view. I don't get THAT mad. I tend to get cold and snotty kind of mad (you may have noticed that in some of my posts), but I see anger as a reaction to other feelings. (Hurt, sad, whatever) So, I tend to deal with those feelings first and then I'm not so likely to lash out.

Katie, I'm pretty easygoing most of the time. I don't see red often, and when I do I tend to vent verbally rather than physically which is what those questions were sort of geared at.

Last edited:
i read them with "have I EVER done/felt this way before" and actualy yes I had for a few of them, do I like to get Even... well, who doesn`t!
ever regreted saying something in anger, well no, coz I was angry and it`s pointless, and I`ve Certainly never felt suicidal about it :)

I`m Honest,,, NOT a Psychopath (as that test would have you believe) :P

YT2095 said:
i read them with "have I EVER done/felt this way before" and actualy yes I had for a few of them, do I like to get Even... well, who doesn`t!
ever regreted saying something in anger, well no, coz I was angry and it`s pointless, and I`ve Certainly never felt suicidal about it :)

Ah! See, a major difference in interpretation there. I read them as far more absolute than you did. Although, I think I still would have scored the same way.

YT2095 said:

Agreed.
They shouldn't have things like those last four questions.
Well maybe the physical one at least. People can hold back alot of anger, and it's only natural to come out somehow. Physically would be better than suicide.

uit`s right thogh isn`t it, I mean if someone insults or hurts your wife/husband or child, you`re going to hurt them aren`t you? and if their face hits your fist repeatedly as a result, well....

Justice is served :)

I agree with you, Alix. The questions seemed all or nothing as phrased. No grey areas. I guess I've mellowed over the years and tend to let fewer and fewer things bother me. It also didn't hurt that I nearly died in a vehicle accident a few years ago, which caused me to put things in a different perspective.

When it comes to my husband/children, yes, I do have a protective side. Sort of like a bear taking care of her cubs. Fortunately MaMa Bear hasn't had to bare her claws in a long, long time.

Katie E said:
I agree with you, Alix. The questions seemed all or nothing as phrased. No grey areas. I guess I've mellowed over the years and tend to let fewer and fewer things bother me. It also didn't hurt that I nearly died in a vehicle accident a few years ago, which caused me to put things in a different perspective.

When it comes to my husband/children, yes, I do have a protective side. Sort of like a bear taking care of her cubs. Fortunately MaMa Bear hasn't had to bare her claws in a long, long time.

Yep, I'm with you on that Mama Bear thing. (Oh, and the perspective gained upon realizing your mortality too) I will step up for both husband and kids and haven't been faced with the dilemma of whether or not to get physical in their defense or not. I know I would and willingly if it came to that, but thankfully only words have been necessary.

I scored a 2. I sometimes can't get to sleep if I am really upset about something (what happened, and other ways it could have played out sometimes run through my mind), and sometimes I get a queasy stomach if I am really upset.

:) Barbara

I got a 7 too.... but, it's because I "THINK" about being angry a lot. I keep it all locked up. I guess that's a problem too.

Back
Top Bottom