Angry, just a tad!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You were very nice about it even if you had to to get mad about it. I have to say that I would not have been quite as nice and I agree with what BigDog said. I do live out in a rural area and have had to make sure that I have my Glock-19 handy. At least half of the yay-hoos around here know that I have had gun training and classes (although my concealed carry permit is expired now; don't worry, I do not carry concealed without a permit) and that has helped with these types that would have done what was done to you. You did right Girl!!

I hadn't seen this til just now, but it made me mad even then. We live in the country and don't put up with people on our property unless asked or they are there for a good reason and taking things from a neighbor isn't a good reason. I certainly don't blame you for feeling bad about it and don't feel you were out of your rights for stating how you feel. One thing about being a nice person is that it goes so hard with us when we have to be different, even if there is a really good reason, we feel a bit guilty about asserting our rights. Luckily our neighbors have all become very good friends also, but the house across the street sold and we are wondering about the new neighbors, who haven't moved in yet, but have come and gone several times and what we've seen of them so far is quite different (!!!!!) than what we've had in the past. All but about 2 or 3 houses are still occupied by their original owners and for a 35 year old neighborhood, that is a bit unusual. I think you were well within your rights and I hope the neighbor will stay out of your business now.

Oh my, you all just make me feel so good. I cannot imagine having a better group of friends anyplace..We may not be living in the same neighborhood, but you all feel like family...Thank you..I sure feel lucky.

kadesma:)

corazon90 said:
Confronation is not my specialty, I end up looking like the one in the wrong. dh can say one sentence in a calm way that makes them feel like ****. !

This is so like me I had to check that I hadn't written it! I'm hopeless at stuff like this. I either end up making a fool of myself or getting emotional, neither of which are helpful, so I send in the husband too. I try not to get into these situations in the first place but sometimes you just can't avoid it.

ok, does it scare any other properly civilized people that so many are ready to threaten the use of deadly force to protect relatively worthless property?

you, as part of the human race should be ashamed of yourselves. you waste tons of time chatting here, trying to get along with people from around the world. but if there's a ridiculous misunderstanding in real life/real time, it's time to lock and load.

gimme a break.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow Buckytom this really hit a cord with you- it made me stop in my tracks and think...
I have/had beautiful lilac bushes on the corner of my property-every year my neighbors would "borrow" some.2 years ago a car stopped in front of the bush and this woman opened her trunk I didn't think too much of it until she was still ther after about 5 minutes- I walked up the little hill in front to the lilac bush and witnessed the slaying of the bush that all my neighbors and I had enjoyed for so many years- this woman didn't live in the neighborhood but, has a child who is a friend of a child who lives here.Her trunk was full of all the lilacs that were on the bush including 3 and 4 foot branches. I felt so violated. I said to her I don't mind sharing some of the lilacs but, you have destroyed my lilac bush. She said to me I left some and pointed up to the to of the bush about which is about 12 feet from the ground up.I told her she could have asked and she just shrugged at me.I told her she just stole from children in our neighborhood who loved to bring flowers to their teachers, she stole the first signs of spring from our community,she stole the flowers many of us brought to our mothers' graves for Mother's Day,and last but not least staring at the gaping holes in and empty spaces of the bush, I said you just killed my lilac bush.She shrugged at me slammed her trunk and left. I memorized her license plate-by the way several of my neighbors were witnessing the vandalization and had come out to confront her.I was going to call the police and file a report but, I didn't. I kept thinking about the kid who was friend's with the child of this woman and how it would effect his friendship. One of my neighbors was so upset with me for not filing a report that he kept saying what if the bush was by your front door and she did that- I said I hope she wouldn't have been so brazen if it was.I still see the boy and this woman's friend together- I know I made the right decision,certainly this friendship is more important than the destruction of a plant.I'm still saddened by the fact that the bush no longer blooms any where in reaching distance and we have to wait a period of 7 years to see if it ever will and I pray that this woman has not found someone else's property to vandalize.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom