"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions
Closed Thread
Old 09-23-2008, 07:29 PM   #31
Head Chef
How sad. Laws are not tuff enough on losers who do stuff like this. A similar event happened in KY last year and a neighbor TAPED the guy and called the cops. He was arrested and charged with animal abuse. As a result of the tape, KY legislators passed a law making it a FELONY to abuse animals.

People who abuse animals have serious anger issues - beating an animal up is an indicator that the person is dangerous.

Personally, I'd like to beat the **** out of this miserable excuse for a human being. I hope people in his community shun him, if not worse.

Old 09-23-2008, 07:30 PM   #32
Sous Chef
Send a message via AIM to mikki
My 14 year old dog was abused from the time he was born until we got him at 6 months old. Couldn't figure out why he wouldn't go near hubby, then BIL told us him and his friend did mean things to him. call him to eat then hit him, when the litter was first born the tossed them towards a wall to see who could get the closest to the wall.
Needless to say I did whack my BIL for what he did and even now sometimes if we have him for dinner, I'll put a plate in front of him and smack him in the head, then say just a reminder.
I hate people who hurt animals, they trust us.

Old 09-23-2008, 08:35 PM   #33
Traveling Welcome Wagon
Originally Posted by smoke king View Post
Sorry everyone-I didn't mean to upset you with this. Its just that when this sort of thing happens, it usually gets buried in the back pages of the newspaper where its quickly forgotten.

I just wanted as many people as possible to know this 's name, and to see him for what he truly is.

Again, If I upset any of you, I sincerely apologize.
No need to apologize. We made the decision whether to open the thread or the link, knowing it was going to make us mad. I don't think anyone is mad at you--just at the fact that this idiot could do that to his dog, and the fact that he got off with nothing more than a ticket. It took me a full day before I could even open the thread.

Old 09-23-2008, 10:19 PM   #34
Master Chef
I've raised 3 dogs in my life and never hit them, never abused them, but i feel bad for the guy, I don't know why, I just do. Even a murderer plee insenity defence.
You are what you eat.
Old 09-23-2008, 10:35 PM   #35
Sous Chef
Originally Posted by CharlieD View Post
I see what you are saying, but it could have been a freak acident, really we do not know what hapened. i am not defending him, but we also should not condemn him.
Actually, we do know exactly what happened. It has been well covered in the local news here for the past two days.

There was no underlying issue, no "mitigating" circumstances. This cowardly excuse of a man was upset with his dogs barking, so he crushed its skull with a golf club.

We can all be thankful one of his childrens crying, or his wifes nagging (no offense ladies) didn't set him off.

He deserves a break alright-across the back of his skull
Old 09-23-2008, 11:06 PM   #36
Head Chef
I despise and abhor mistreatment of dogs, cats , any animal the the creator put on earth should be treated with respect. I do not belong to PEATA but I strongly uphold what they are doing. The man that beat his dog to death should be made to suffer some sort of physical punishment. In days of old there was the stocks and numerous other forms of corporal punishment for just such cruel things done to animals
Cook with passion or don't cook at all
Old 09-24-2008, 05:03 AM   #37
Senior Cook
Wow, the thread got a little heated. It's interesting to see people talking about beating/killing him for doing it to the dog. Eye for an eye? I guess it depends if you believe in corporal punishment or not.
I'd like to see him get a serious punishment at the very least, I can't believe he got away with a 'ticket'.
Lynd has too many handbags
Old 09-24-2008, 09:32 AM   #38
Executive Chef
Well I'm sure at the very least he will be shunned by most of the town. I've heard of towns people refusing people like that service in the stores and restaurants etc. Every where he gos people will be whispering theres the guy that killed the little dog.
"It's so beautifully arranged on the plate - you know someone's fingers have been all over it." - Julia Child
Old 09-24-2008, 10:25 AM   #39
Senior Cook
I wouldn't be surprised if people did that, have they even released his name though? You'd think they would, to at least shame him.
Lynd has too many handbags
Old 09-24-2008, 11:23 AM   #40
Master Chef
If you click the link it does give his name and age so they're not protecting him from society. He received a citation but not being familiar with the laws of the area not sure what his punishment will be. At least he admitted it and expressed remorse. Some folks who mistreat animals will deny or defend their actions or try to shift the blame to another. These are the really callous ones I'd like to get my hands on. Sometimes, it's just an unfortunate set of circumstances.

I could give up chocolate but I'm no quitter!
Closed Thread