Animal abuse

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I read the link and it stated that the man hit the rat terrier on the head with a golf club causing massive brain injury and rendering the dog unconcious immediately. The dog had to be put down. According to the article he only hit the dog once. I'm not condoning this horrendous act but he didn't "beat him to death" as in striking him many times causing the dog a lot of pain. I guess we can be thankful for that much.

The part that really broke my heart was that the scumbag was ticketed. TICKETED?? THAT'S IT?? The justice system in this country needs to be corrected. Far too many crimes against children and animals, the most helpless of all, are punished by no more than a slap on the wrist and a ticket. Give me a break.
AND...... if it will make you feel better take a look at this guy, we need more like him. YouTube - Man Sings Puppies to Sleep

Though I can't stand the abuse of animal, I have to say I was sited because some neighbor complained about my dog barking. Even thought there were other neighbors who came to my defence, I was given a ticket. I never found out who was that that complained, my dog never barked he was the sweetest thing in the world. I don't know what I would have done done if in fact he (the dog) would bark and would not stop. I would never do what that man did, but he was sorry. So give him a break.

Though I can't stand the abuse of animal, I have to say I was sited because some neighbor complained about my dog barking. Even thought there were other neighbors who came to my defence, I was given a ticket. I never found out who was that that complained, my dog never barked he was the sweetest thing in the world. I don't know what I would have done done if in fact he (the dog) would bark and would not stop. I would never do what that man did, but he was sorry. So give him a break.

See, the whole barking thing irks me too. Dogs bark, that is what they do and how they communicate. If you don't like barking, don't get a dog. Now for the neighbors having to put of with a barking dog all night, I can understand their plight and I feel that the owners/neighbors need to work to gether to find a HUMANE solution. (NO SHOCK COLLARS!!!)

Anyhow, I think it is funny they give you a ticket for the barking dog. I guess it would be one thing if you were out there barking all night. This backwards world we live in!!!

I see what you are saying, but it could have been a freak acident, really we do not know what hapened. i am not defending him, but we also should not condemn him.

Ok... so I lose my mind for a second then whack my dog on the head and kill him. And I am remoresful. What if that had been a child???

I don't condemn him nor judge him, but I do feel that folks that will inflict harm on a dog or any animal just may have the tendency to do it to a person.

I agree that a ticket really does not send a message. It just covers up a bigger issue. Anyhow, CharlieD, not picking on you nor am I trying to be argumentative.

Give him a break? Are you kidding me? He hit the dog on the head with a golf club hard enough to cause serious brain injury, so serious that the dog had to be put down. I AM condemning him. His temper is WAY out of control and he should have been given more than a ticket. I owned and trained 4 dogs and never laid a hand on any of them. EVER! There are ways of making a dog stop barking without crushing it's skull.

I do feel that folks that will inflict harm on a dog or any animal just may have the tendency to do it to a person.

Absolutely true Sattie-provided that person is weak, defensless or otherwise unable to defend themselves. I can almost assure this is not the type of guy who will pick a fight with the biggest guy in the room. But, this is a free and open forum, and everyone is entitled to his or her opinion. But I cannot for the life of me think of any scenario that justifies this kind of brutality.

I proudly condemn him and only wish I were the judge at his trial.

Absolutely true Sattie-provided that person is weak, defensless or otherwise unable to defend themselves. I can almost assure this is not the type of guy who will pick a fight with the biggest guy in the room. But, this is a free and open forum, and everyone is entitled to his or her opinion. But I cannot for the life of me think of any scenario that justifies this kind of brutality.

I proudly condemn him and only wish I were the judge at his trial.

:mad: DITTO!

I got a 3 wood I wouldnt mind using on this scum bag.

I got a 3 wood I wouldnt mind using on this scum bag.

After you done your share, let me borrow it. I wouldn't even clean it before I took aim.

I AM certainly grateful they are identifying these creeps and t hat they are letting the public know what these poor animals have to go through. I wouldn't even want to waste my time to help him go through some kind of therapy. What I would like t o know is why did he have the dog in the first place? A dog has a life and how he tries to live it with someone who can't handle his own feelings should not be allowed to own anything, car, house, child, wife, He should be put out to pasture so he could fend for himself and see if someone would consider adopting him with his kind of behavior? I am grateful you shared this story with us. Hopefully future dog owners will take note and control themselves. Rather than using on the dog, hit themselves first and he will be able to not hear the dog barking. Poor dog, didn't deserve this! Imagine what he must have thoughts when the guy took aim at him? I am getting myself worked up about some creep who isn't worth the scum of my shoes as you said.

Only my opinion. Thanks for allowing me to say my piece. May the dog rest in peace.

How sad. Laws are not tuff enough on losers who do stuff like this. A similar event happened in KY last year and a neighbor TAPED the guy and called the cops. He was arrested and charged with animal abuse. As a result of the tape, KY legislators passed a law making it a FELONY to abuse animals.

People who abuse animals have serious anger issues - beating an animal up is an indicator that the person is dangerous.

Personally, I'd like to beat the **** out of this miserable excuse for a human being. I hope people in his community shun him, if not worse.

My 14 year old dog was abused from the time he was born until we got him at 6 months old. Couldn't figure out why he wouldn't go near hubby, then BIL told us him and his friend did mean things to him. call him to eat then hit him, when the litter was first born the tossed them towards a wall to see who could get the closest to the wall.
Needless to say I did whack my BIL for what he did and even now sometimes if we have him for dinner, I'll put a plate in front of him and smack him in the head, then say just a reminder.
I hate people who hurt animals, they trust us.

Sorry everyone-I didn't mean to upset you with this. Its just that when this sort of thing happens, it usually gets buried in the back pages of the newspaper where its quickly forgotten.

I just wanted as many people as possible to know this :censored:'s name, and to see him for what he truly is.

Again, If I upset any of you, I sincerely apologize.
No need to apologize. We made the decision whether to open the thread or the link, knowing it was going to make us mad. I don't think anyone is mad at you--just at the fact that this idiot could do that to his dog, and the fact that he got off with nothing more than a ticket. It took me a full day before I could even open the thread.

:(Barbara

I've raised 3 dogs in my life and never hit them, never abused them, but i feel bad for the guy, I don't know why, I just do. Even a murderer plee insenity defence.

I see what you are saying, but it could have been a freak acident, really we do not know what hapened. i am not defending him, but we also should not condemn him.

Actually, we do know exactly what happened. It has been well covered in the local news here for the past two days.

There was no underlying issue, no "mitigating" circumstances. This cowardly excuse of a man was upset with his dogs barking, so he crushed its skull with a golf club.

We can all be thankful one of his childrens crying, or his wifes nagging (no offense ladies:LOL:) didn't set him off.

He deserves a break alright-across the back of his skull :furious:

I despise and abhor mistreatment of dogs, cats , any animal the the creator put on earth should be treated with respect. I do not belong to PEATA but I strongly uphold what they are doing. The man that beat his dog to death should be made to suffer some sort of physical punishment. In days of old there was the stocks and numerous other forms of corporal punishment for just such cruel things done to animals

Wow, the thread got a little heated. It's interesting to see people talking about beating/killing him for doing it to the dog. Eye for an eye? I guess it depends if you believe in corporal punishment or not.
I'd like to see him get a serious punishment at the very least, I can't believe he got away with a 'ticket'.

:( Well I'm sure at the very least he will be shunned by most of the town. I've heard of towns people refusing people like that service in the stores and restaurants etc. Every where he gos people will be whispering theres the guy that killed the little dog.

I wouldn't be surprised if people did that, have they even released his name though? You'd think they would, to at least shame him.

If you click the link it does give his name and age so they're not protecting him from society. He received a citation but not being familiar with the laws of the area not sure what his punishment will be. At least he admitted it and expressed remorse. Some folks who mistreat animals will deny or defend their actions or try to shift the blame to another. These are the really callous ones I'd like to get my hands on. Sometimes, it's just an unfortunate set of circumstances.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom