Ankle Weights

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Funny how bitter people can be when you improve yourself. One time many years ago I lost quite a bit of weight (had more to do with BC pills than it did with any self-control on my side). I was single in those days, and lost several girlfreinds, and several guys who'd been "just freinds" started hitting on me. I was just plain old confused. Seems my thinner freinds just like having fat Claire to look good in comparison with. And the men obviously were not friends, either. Sometimes it is nice to be a little older. Now when I walk, or hubby does, or we do together everyone is great about it (one, the other, or both of us, together or separately, walk every day). It is also what is nice about living in the small-town midwest. I, too, have walked to the tune of people being rude, had drivers play 'chicken' with me even, in other parts of the country. Here people in cars go out of their way to get out of my way (remember, always walk facing the oncoming traffic), people who are on foot are just plain nice. We joke that our worst problem is sometimes having our walk held up by people who want to chat. These people count to me, so I usually stop. When people make rude comments about how you can find the time, simply reply that time is the one thing in life that you can never regain once it is gone. People are often asking me how I find the time to read as much as I do. Reading gives me more pleasure than anything else in life (even a couple of my walks every day are connected to reading ... I walk about a mile to visit shut in freinds and read aloud to them). Several people in my life think I should be spending that time "constructively" (as in scrubbing toilets or something). Haha. Those books are ME and no one can take them away. Feel the same way about walking.

Life

Claire, seems you are in the right place except for few that give you grief. Can't please people. Even when you try so hard. I am so happy when I see someone I have long relationship with and then to make a comment like that bothered me. You have been through your share of what it is like to live in large city. It bothered me more to have my neighbor say this than the rest of the nuts that are out there. As you said reading is you so you have to do as you say and remember it is your life, not theirs. This country is supposedly free. It sure doesn't seem like it at times. Guess we have to keep on keepin' on! When you read to others you share the joy you yourself get out of it. That is what we are all supposed to do. Do unto others-----

They may see the good you do as self-serving.
Continue to do good.

They may see your generosity as grandstanding.
Continue to be generous.

They may see your warm and caring nature as a weakness.
Continue to be warm and caring.

For you see, in the end, it is between you and God.
It never was between you and them anyway.

- anonymous.

Food for thought for the day!:)

I just found this and I must admit I wonder about it..?
Why shouldn't someone be allowed to something for herself? Let them talk, if they ask about the time just reply how they find time to chatter at the fence or just let them know that is nothing they should care about..
as long as you get everything done... what do they think you do in your spare time? polish the family silver you never need??? Just to have soemthing doing?
You cannot spend a whole day in the house..

Or why not ask them if they would like to join you? :mrgreen:
It's more fun to walk with a group, over here in Germany there are lots of walking groups organized, here at the Kronsberg, where I live, I know at least three of them... and nobody wonders about it...I think they rather appreciate it as a way to stay healthy...

life

marmalady, thank you. Just something else to put on my fridge. Have it so full that when I clean takes me almost more time on the door by just taking off and putting on all the quotes of words to live by. That was so wonderful. Bet you have a door full too. I only wish could have a shirt made with that written on it. Maybe they wouldn't talk the way they do. You are so right. Between me and God what I do! Amen!!

cara, of al the different people here in the states, it is mostly German people I find that do most of the exercising. I met tham at the high school tracks and parks. Wherever there was place to walk that's what they do and faithfully too. Great believers in health. German neighbor I had who was inspiration to me always approved of praparing fresh meals and exercise. Balance she said. I am sure other nationalities have the same feeling but in my personal case I usually found out the people where of German descent.When I go to health food store the people who work there say in Europe they believe in Preventative measures.

Back
Top Bottom