Another Accident

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

shpj4

Head Chef
This past Monday I parked on the street because I had 2 doctor's appointments. As I was opening the door and stepping out of my car another car was going past me so fast and then I heard a large crash. The Security Guard and I saw the other car continue on his way going at least 50 miles an hour and I thought my door was all smashed in.

I checked the car and found that the mud guard in front on the drivers side was cracked. I also noticed a small chip on the side of the door when you opened it up.

I immediately took it to the body shop that does all the work on my car and when the estimater and I looked at the car there were 2 small dents on the door - one above the chipped paint and one below.

The estimate came to $1300.00 and I can't go through my insurance company because I am on probation until July of 2008.

I have a 2005 Honda Accord Coupe fully equiped and this is the second hit and run accident that I have had since I bought my car.

I definitely can't afford to get a new car and eventually I will have the car fixed.

After I saw my therapist I told her that one of the reasons why I stay in the house so much is because I don't want to drive anywhere.

Well that's my story and I am really upset.

Sorry to hear about your accident. I have had 2 hit and runs also and its awful. Just remember that it's only a car and can be repaired.

Sending you good vibes for no more accidents!

Just wondering if you filed a police report? You can never be too careful ! Sorry to hear about your accident. Take care !

Did your hit and run occur in an area that may have had surveillance cameras like in a parking lot or near one??? You'd be surprised how far the range some of those cameras have. Would be worth checking out the surrounding businesses before they chuck the tapes they may have. So sorry to hear of your accident-nothing makes me more upset than to see my car so callously damaged. You also might want to post in a local newspaper (I see it all the time in ours) if anyone witnessed the accident. Good luck and I'm so sorry for your latest misfortune.

Back
Top Bottom