"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions
Old 12-16-2005, 12:53 AM   #1
Contest Winner
Smile Another Christmas and its Wonders !

The Spirit of Christmas is something that must be fed, Perhaps the following will add to Yours this Year........................................

The Year is 2003, The Date is December 24th, 30 minutes before a shop in a small town is closing for Christmas Eve and Christmas Day.
A boy about 10 years old enters a store and walks up to the Manager of the store and says, "Mister would you buy my bike ?" (This is a Boy's most Treasured item of all until he gets a car) The Manager asks the little boy, Why he would want to sell his bike ? The Little boy looked up to the Manager and said, " I want to buy my Mother a Present for Christmas ." The Manager tells the little boy to keep his bike and walks him through the store to choose some items that the boy wants to give his mother, The Managers wife wraps the presents with the boys help. The boy leaves after saying, "Thank You" and Rides Cheerfully home with a big grin from ear to ear. You see I know this heart filled story to be true because ............. Barbara was the one who Wrapped the Presents and This Little Boy Touched our Hearts with his willingness to sacrifice the one thing that meant the most to him in order to make his mother Happy.
We were given the Most Wonderful gift that Year.
This true story I would like to dedicate to my Brothers Memory, He died the day before, and had the Biggest Heart I ever saw next to My Mothers of course.
May the Christmas Spirit Live in Your Hearts Today and Forever and Thank You all for allowing me to share this with you. Love to You All ! James

If you need a smile, take mine, I'll make a new one.
Maidrite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2005, 12:58 AM   #2
Executive Chef
Send a message via AIM to Piccolina Send a message via MSN to Piccolina Send a message via Yahoo to Piccolina
That is so utterly beautiful James, I am honestly wipping the tears away from my eyes. Thank-you for always finding the most wonderful ways to touch each of our hearts with your own special

"The most indispensable ingredient of all good home cooking: love, for those you are cooking for" ~ Sophia Loren
Piccolina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2005, 01:04 AM   #3
Contest Winner
You all are Barbara and My Family now ! If we can only give to you all, a part of the Happiness you all give us, so be it !
If you need a smile, take mine, I'll make a new one.
Maidrite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2005, 07:55 AM   #4
I tried to karma you but I have given away too much karma in the last 24 hours!!!!

Old 12-16-2005, 08:09 AM   #5
Executive Chef
Send a message via MSN to urmaniac13 Send a message via Skype™ to urmaniac13
You are really the epitome of the Christmas spirit James... we are so lucky to have known you!!

I wish you, Barb and all your loved ones the happiest Christmas ever!!

urmaniac13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2005, 08:24 AM   #6
Master Chef
James, you and Barbara were already special to us, now, you are even more so! This tells anyone that hasn't already been gifted with your warm hearts and kind words just how special you both are!! I have tears in my eyes as I'm sure anyone reading this does too.
I wish for Christmas, for your family to have the most wonderful day and prosperous New Year! I hope that all your dreams come true!!

texasgirl is offline   Reply With Quote