"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 10-09-2005, 02:12 PM   #11
Executive Chef

Cora, have a great trip. Wanted to mention check out Frommer's on the web.

I don't know about lazy, as I have several projects I'd like to work on...i.e. some paint cans are calling my name, a tiling project I'm working on, would like to make some won tons, check out realty possibilities, go to a bagel shop that has about a dozen or so home baked varieties & get some of their cream cheese concoctions, plan my week ahead (appointments etc.), & follow up on phone calls.

What I'd like to do is kick back and watch/catch up on some movies and go thru the L.A. Times and get outta Dodge, as it's a beautiful day here in the mid 70's. I miss my Sunday's in New York...jelly donuts, the New York Times (doing the crossword & studying the fashions), bagels, lox/salmon, cream cheese & going to a museum or Central Park.

Old 10-09-2005, 02:53 PM   #12
Executive Chef

I suppose this sunday isn't as lazy as the last. We ended up having crepes for breakfast, we filled them with fresh friut and topped them with whipped cream. The neighbors came over to "borrow" Aidan for a while, they sure do like having him around to play with. So, in light of him being out of the house, I'm going to try to tackle his closet. It will be good to have it done!

Old 10-09-2005, 03:43 PM   #13
Master Chef

same 'ol, same 'ol here. up at 4:30am, (i seriously love when i wake up and it's the middle of the night. it's so peaceful.), and i went and took a bath. i got a very early morning phone call that left me then i just went upstairs and hung out, watched 'romy and michelle's high school reunion', had some breakfast (a piece of toast- 1 half of it w/ natural pb, the other w/ salmon and cream cheese) and some of this mango smoothie. pretty tasty. then i went to the store and a few other places.
i'm not sure what i'll do next. probably listen to music and the tv and make a few phone calls, maybe do some laundry, probably take a bubble bath, then a nap, but i'm not sure.
i'm kind of hungry. i might go get something to eat.
Old 10-09-2005, 04:30 PM   #14
Executive Chef

luvs, please be lazy for me too

I finished the closet, whew, it was actually easier than I thought it would be but messier also. It was kind of fun and kind of sad looking through all of Aidan's baby clothes. I can't believe he was able to fit into those tiny clothes!

Before I go clean the car, I thought I'd check in. I am treating myself to a glass of milk and a slice of chocolate cake (or as Aidan likes to call it, "whoa! chocolate cake! frosting!").
I'll catch you guys later!
Old 10-09-2005, 04:48 PM   #15
Executive Chef

Definately a lazy Sunday for me. It's cold and raining. Rain always makes me feel lazy, but relaxed! I managed to do the groceries, and some laundry, and bought a new book called "in her shoes", I think that movie is coming out soon.
Old 10-09-2005, 07:55 PM   #16
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via AIM to pdswife Send a message via MSN to pdswife Send a message via Yahoo to pdswife
Quote:
Originally Posted by crewsk
I slept until 12:45 & didn't even have breakfast. I woke up to get ready for church with a migraine, turned over & went back to sleep. The only thing I plan on doing today is making chicken & dumplin's for supper.
oh no! I hope you feel better soon! Migraines are the very worst. Take it easy today. Have someone else make dinner or order pizza. The chicken and dumplings can wait until you feel better.
Old 10-09-2005, 10:28 PM   #17
Chef Extraordinaire

Lazy Sunday, hummmmm..woke at 6, tried to roll over and go back to sleep, dog said nope FEED ME!!! okay, fed dog, turned on coffee, got paper, fed fish in fish pond.. Mother called at 7 wanted me to take her to store, told her okay but later, had a cup of coffee, 7:30 mother called again to ask same question...washed my hair at 8, got mothers list and wnet to store at 9, back home unloaded car at mom's then here at my home..Daughter called, pick her up at 11 to go shopping for clothes for Carson and Ethan..back home at 1:30 sat and had frozen mocha, mother called at 1:35 about going to store, had to explain I'd already done her shopping...Where groceries were..Other daughter came with Ethan, fixed lunch at 1:50 started dinner..Mom called this time for getting a hair appointment...this went on the rest of the day...BUT...dinner was good, my kids were here as was mom, other than mom being healthy what more could you ask for? Lazy Sunday, someday soon maybe

kadesma
Old 10-10-2005, 06:24 AM   #18
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by corazon90
luvs, please be lazy for me too
okay. next lazy day i'll put a golden girls dvd on instead of straightening my desk like i really ought to be doing and leave a glass that needs to be washed on the table.
Old 10-10-2005, 07:33 AM   #19
Master Chef

It was a very lazy one here, too. DH and I both woke up with colds so we took it very easy all day. I did make it to the grocery store but other than that we just napped and watched way too much tv. Didn't cook, just bought some good home made pot pie at the grocery store.
Old 10-10-2005, 10:08 AM   #20
Master Chef

Send a message via MSN to crewsk
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdswife
oh no! I hope you feel better soon! Migraines are the very worst. Take it easy today. Have someone else make dinner or order pizza. The chicken and dumplings can wait until you feel better.

Thanks pds! I was feeling better enough to make supper with hubby's help. All I had to do was cook the chicken & make the dumplin's.