"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 10-09-2005, 01:47 AM   #1
Executive Chef

Another lazy sunday? the 9th

So far, all I know is I will be making a good breakfast. Either, french toast with fresh berries, crepes with fresh fruit or breakfast burritos with green chile. It's a toss up, so I will let DH decide when he gets home from work. Hopefully, he will get some sleep tonight and not come home all tired out.

As for the rest of the day, who knows? I should probably do something productive like cleaning the car or searching for old baby clothes in Aidan's neverending closet.

I gotta start doing stuff to get ready for the Hawaii trip! We leave next Saturday! I'm so excited! A little off the subject of lazy sunday, but Aidan told me today that he wants dad to go on the airplane to Hawaii and mom on the airplane and the baby in my belly to go on the airplane. What a cutie!

Anyway, enjoy your lazy or not so lazy Sunday!

Old 10-09-2005, 02:49 AM   #2
Head Chef

Last day of the school holidays here today so I slept in then went to lunch with an old friend and her daughter and my youngest daughter. Ate far too much!! We shared this flourless chocolate cake which was sooooo rich but really nice. Just had a gourmet steak sandwich for main.
Then a little afternoon nap (no I'm not old I just love afternoon naps!!!)
What a nice way to finish off the holidays.

Old 10-09-2005, 09:06 AM   #3
Master Chef

Lazy for me today, but, not for DH and boys. Me and the boys tore down old fence, sledge hammered the concrete to take out of the wholes, so they can set new ones. Today I get to watch them put the fence up. I did too much yesterday and DH was mad when he got home from work.
Old 10-09-2005, 10:50 AM   #4
Hospitality Queen

Isn't demo work fun, Texas? I love it!

I'm putting some chicken breasts in the crock pot with onions, green chiles and broth, and then later on will shred them for burritos with green chile/pork sauce and sliced avocados on top.
Old 10-09-2005, 11:26 AM   #5
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Yahoo to middie
i kept my niece's overnight. last night i made them milkshakes and deep fried oreos. those are pretty darn good ! so this morning everybody woke up and i made french toast and maple flavored bacon with chocolate milk to drink. sadly i have to take them home soon since i have to work the rest of the day *sigh*
Old 10-09-2005, 11:40 AM   #6
Chef Extraordinaire

Not too lazy around here today. Parents are coming on Tuesday (also daughter's birthday), so I have to clear all the junk out of the guest bedroom and park it elsewhere, clear junk off dining room table so 5 of us can eat together, remove mass quantities of dog hair on EVERYTHING, finish laundry, yada yada.

Just popped in for a few minutes now and hopefully will get to play around on DC later today (gotta find a nice way to cook the veal scallopini I bought for parents' dinner Tues. night).
Old 10-09-2005, 12:56 PM   #7
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via AIM to pdswife Send a message via MSN to pdswife Send a message via Yahoo to pdswife
so far the plan is to head to starbucks and the tanning booth... then home to do the dishes that are sitting in the sink. I was too lazy to do them last night. I'll make a good dinner tonight but, haven't decided what yet. Paul will spend most of the day programming... don't think we'll do much of anything else.
Old 10-09-2005, 01:19 PM   #8
Master Chef

I was going to have oatmeal for breakfast, but just had cold cereal instead. Laundry and those other essentials around the house is what I am doing today. The Nextel Cup NASCAR race starts at 11:00 am (PST), so I will be turning on the tv to watch it.

I have beans soaking since last night. For dinner I am making chili with jalapeno cornbread muffins. I will start cooking the chili after lunch. Which reminds me I need to get the chopped onions out of the freezer. My mom had bought a huge bag of diced onions for the a chili feed a week ago. She had plenty leftover, so I took a small bag and put them in the freezer. I figure that they would be OK to add to a soup or chili.

jkath, your dinner sounds yummy. I never thought of using that method for cooking the chicken breasts. I will have to give it a try.

Theodore Roosevelt
26th president of US (1858 - 1919)
SierraCook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2005, 01:38 PM   #9
Master Chef

Send a message via MSN to crewsk
I slept until 12:45 & didn't even have breakfast. I woke up to get ready for church with a migraine, turned over & went back to sleep. The only thing I plan on doing today is making chicken & dumplin's for supper.
Old 10-09-2005, 02:08 PM   #10
Executive Chef

No lazy Sunday for me today. I woke up at 7:45 am, made sure my twin sons weren't getting into anything, then fired up my smoker to smoke the last pork butt of the season. I did a load of dishes, had my morning coffee, then started moving boxes of my MIL's "stuff" out of my shed and into my attic. The pork went into the oven about 1 pm. I just now remembered that I had forgotten to throw the jalapeno peppers that a coworker gave me into the smoker to make into homemade chipotle peppers. I just rekindled the fire and got them going. Here in a bit, I need to mow the yard, if I have enough gas. Once PeppA gets home from laundry, I will hopefully get out to enjoy what's left of the day.