Another New Iron in the Fire

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chief Longwind Of The North

Certified/Certifiable
Last week was my first ever home made corned beef, and it turned out great. This week, I started my first ever blog. It doesn't sell anything, at least not yet. It might morph into something like that down the road. But for now, It's something I'm doing to familiarize myself with publishing my own content, and entertaining those who read it. I'm trying to make it fun to read, a bit humorous, and throw in some horse sense for those that might need a bit more of that. It's a bit tongue-in-cheek, if you know what I mean, and is all about family. I invite everyone to take a peek, come back to this thread, and let me know what you think. Of course, there isn't much to critique yet. I only have two pages, one written last Thursday, and oen typed in last night.

I might start another blog that pulishes my first novel, the one that's been written for ten years and proofread fifty or so times (I may be exagerating, a little). I'll put in maybe ten pages worth of content per day, if I do the novel. That should be fun as well, and it will introduce my work to the world, for free.
So that's the plan. Hope you read and enjoy it.

One more thing; though the link says especially for dad's, it's written to tickle everyone's funny-bone.

For any who are interested, here's the link: gwnorthespeciallyfordads

Seeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

Thanks everyone. I will be putting something up every night, just to try and entertain, and maybe, help someone else avoid mistakes that I've made, and even give people tools by the things I've done right.

If I put one of my novels on the site, under another title, about 10 pages at a time, do you think that would be entertaining, maybe get people to read?

Let me know what you think. And I'll keep posting the occasional recipe as well.

yay, something to get me through these horribly lonely night shifts!!! thanks gw!

i'll check out your blog every night.

What are my chances of getting a critique of the pictures on my latest blog posting?

What type of critique are you looking for? Picture quality?

They looked really good, clear and sharp and I barely avoided licking the turkey picture on my screen. That looked fantastic.

do you mean the crown roast?

that looks great, a beautiful thing.

i'd like pics of the stuffing, and what it looked like after roasting if possible. :chef:

What type of critique are you looking for? Picture quality?

They looked really good, clear and sharp and I barely avoided licking the turkey picture on my screen. That looked fantastic.

Does it pique your curiosity, maybe persuade you to comment and come back for more? Is it effective?

Seeeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

Does it pique your curiosity, maybe persuade you to comment and come back for more? Is it effective?

Seeeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

Yes and yes. They are a nice size for a Blog and the picture quality is good. The finished product picture would be great at the beginning of a post and the procedure in the body of a post, but I bet you knew that!;)

Back
Top Bottom