"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 12-18-2007, 11:07 AM   #11
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Yahoo to middie
Sending her (and everyone in your family) thoughts and prayers.
Please keep us informed.

Old 12-18-2007, 12:04 PM   #12
Executive Chef

I'm really glad you are all in close proximity, texasgirl. There's nothing like being literally surrounded by loved ones when you're sick. It may freak out the docs when they come in a room stuffed with family but even they know, those patients are the ones that defy the odds. We'll all keep her in our thoughts and prayers, too.

Actually, there are some newer chemo drugs that don't cause hair loss so I hope that's what she'll get. (It's scary to little ones when mom goes bald for a while.) But I think they all make you sick to some extent so she will probably have some tough days ahead. Please keep us posted and let her know she has a world of friends praying for her.

Old 12-18-2007, 07:43 PM   #13
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fisher's Mom View Post
I'm really glad you are all in close proximity, texasgirl. There's nothing like being literally surrounded by loved ones when you're sick. It may freak out the docs when they come in a room stuffed with family but even they know, those patients are the ones that defy the odds. We'll all keep her in our thoughts and prayers, too.

Actually, there are some newer chemo drugs that don't cause hair loss so I hope that's what she'll get. (It's scary to little ones when mom goes bald for a while.) But I think they all make you sick to some extent so she will probably have some tough days ahead. Please keep us posted and let her know she has a world of friends praying for her.
You should have seen us in the hospital when she had her surgery, it was me, my 3 sisters, her dad, her husband, one of her brothers and the 3 ladies that had the yard sale for her Good thing it was a big room!!

BTW, I know that the first yard sale and donations brought her $1,200. They rescheduled the yard sale due to pouring rain on the second day. Not sure how that one did.
Old 12-18-2007, 08:03 PM   #14
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasgirl View Post
You should have seen us in the hospital when she had her surgery, it was me, my 3 sisters, her dad, her husband, one of her brothers and the 3 ladies that had the yard sale for her Good thing it was a big room!!
Keep it up, texas! It really makes a difference and your niece will recover so much faster because of ya'll. When Myles had his bar put in 2 years ago, his surgeons came into the room immediately post-op to find 10 of us in there with him. They didn't know us yet, and looked almost scared. But even the nurses got used to us when they found out we were all there to feed him, help him to the bathroom, make him do his breathing treatments and make sure he did everything they wanted him to do. We even changed his sheets when he threw up. And in the end, he was able to go home a full 5 days earlier than expected and approved by the insurance. Even his docs said his brothers seemed to be the best medicine. This time, they all remembered us and even made sure we could all be in the pre-op and post-op room. So ya'll just stay by her side no matter how big your group gets!