Another (PA) Baby Shower

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mudbug

Chef Extraordinaire
We did a virtual baby shower for Geebs last winter before his daughter was born. It's PA's turn now, and we have a lot of new members who appreciate PA's friendly advice and personality.

Everybody, please join in and post some new-mom advice or wisdom you want to share with baby PA to be.

p.s. I nominate mish to decorate the table.

I am sure I will have some more advice to share later, but to start with, I have some advice for your husband PAB. A friend of mine gave me this advice before Rachel was born and it was very helpful.

Here it is...When putting on the diapers, the animals go in the front :)

from me, a baby swing with a years' supply of batteries for it,
a copy of "What to expect the first year" (must-have reading!)
and, a large set of classical CDs: you can never start too early!

PA, you will need these for a long time. I'm bringing 3 large packs of cute little diapers......with animals in the front.

It's a celebration! A baby shower is given for an expectant mother. =) Gifts are given to the baby and the Mom. Little games are played. Food and beverages are served. It used to be pretty much a ladies-only thing, but that's changed a bit over the years.

:heart:
Z

Thanks everyone! You're all so sweet! :flowers:

GB, hubby will appreciate that advice!

Jkath, the What to Expect book has been glued to my side for the last 9 months so I'm definitely going to use the First Year one! (and we've already started stocking up on batteries!)

Middie and Luvs--what perfect gifts! :)

Pa,

Were I able I'd baby sit anytime you needed...I'm sending iou 3 dinners, you sit I cook and clean up after...I send that sweet baby, lots of hugs and kisses, on the cheek or neck, lots of rocking and humming, and all ofl lifes best...To mommy and daddy, there will be days when you think you will never have a full nights sleep again..:LOL: You will, there will be days you wonder when is this kid gonna grow up? Don't go there, just sit down, pick up your child or gaze at them when they have finally fallen asleep and know, they will be gone and far to quickly so hold every minute dear, enjoy them and love them...It will all be returned in full.. I know, this baby is going to be loved and cared for as if she is the very first baby in the world...That is what life is about...I'm so happy for you..There is nothing like being a parent or a "Ma" like me...
hugs to all of you,
kadesma:)

okay... ;o))

My gift for you:
windeltorte%20mega%20schmusetuch%20rosa.jpg

alternativly in any other colour..;o)

mudbug said:
We did a virtual baby shower for Geebs last winter before his daughter was born. It's PA's turn now, and we have a lot of new members who appreciate PA's friendly advice and personality.

Everybody, please join in and post some new-mom advice or wisdom you want to share with baby PA to be.

p.s. I nominate mish to decorate the table.

Sorry I missed Geeb's virtual shower. Don't have any advice, PA. I wish for you, a happy, healthy, bouncing new one.

Mud, how thoughtful of you to think of me. :)

Lets see I think I am the only one for this ! :chef:

Oh the most important thing ! " I LOVE MY DAD" GOES ON THE FRONT AND THE BACK ! of all the clothes, It suckers us guys into thinking we have to do something to help take care of the Baby !:LOL: :huh:

Here's Barbara and My Gift !

Attachments

• 1122004115236.jpg
    1122004115236.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 162
  • 0112200415254741.jpg
    0112200415254741.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 160
  • 0112200415255269.jpg
    0112200415255269.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 217
  • 0112200415260086.jpg
    0112200415260086.jpg
    19.8 KB · Views: 209
Thank you everyone! {{Big hugs to you all}}!!!!

James, that's just what hubby needs and I'm sure he'd thank you through tears of joy! We went out looking at used mini-vans last night and both felt awfully dull and old all of a sudden!:ROFLMAO:

Back
Top Bottom