Another random Suzi thought....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I would so love for the "Muppet Show" to come back. My father-i-l and I used to fight over whose show was going to be turned on Friday nights---The MS or The Incredible Hulk. I teased him and said that the "I H" would be off the air long before my show was and though I would never rub it in (hahaha) I was right. (by the way I had given this man grandchildren) The old guys in the balcony are the ones that provided all the "adult" humor and it was fun to see the guests come on. YOu could tell that John Denver had a blast as he sang "Beneath a Feather Bed" as one muppet after another joined him until there was no room. Too funny!

I remember loving friday night.... muppet show, then Dallas!!!!
not a cartoon, but i loved that show too, even when i was little.... back when evening tv shows were still pg.

We don't have cable out here. We might be getting Dish (house already has a dish and 4 rooms are wired for it) in a week or two. The kids are addicted to Cartoon Network. Some of the newer shows were a little out there.

Animaniacs came out when I was in my late teens. I never really watched much of Pinky and the Brain when they got their own show, but I loved the originals. I even have sound clips that I saved off the internet of that show, and plug them into the operating system on the computers (an error comes up, and you hear The Brain say, "Pinky, do the world a favor, never breed.")

Futurama is great. I haven't watched it lately, but I heard that the network that currently shows it ordered two more seasons.

The Family Guy is hilarious. It's not something that I would really want my kids to watch until I screen the eppy (Peter doing a strip-tease for his own daughter's baby/wedding shower comes to mind). Anybody seen The Family Guy: Blue Harvest? It's a Star Wars spoof using The Family Guy characters. Apparently, George Lucas is a big fan of The Family Guy, and offered. From what I've heard, they're actually going to collaborate and do The Empire Strikes Back and Return of the Jedi as well.

My kids love Transformers (have you seen the motto on the Decepticon cop car? "To Enslave and Punish"). They also love all the Shrek movies (lot of adult humor in there), both of the Ice Age movies, Hoodwinked, Happily N'ever After, etc. Right now they're watching the first Short Circuit movie.

If you all really want a lot of good movies, dirt cheap, check out your local Wally-World. They should have a "Two for $10" rack of DVD's. LOTS of good titles in there, including some of the older cartoons.

I WANT A BUMBLEBEE CAMARO!!!! new version, not the beat up one.
Or a '68 or '69......
crap now i want to watch transformers again.

Anybody seen The Family Guy: Blue Harvest? It's a Star Wars spoof using The Family Guy characters. Apparently, George Lucas is a big fan of The Family Guy, and offered. From what I've heard, they're actually going to collaborate and do The Empire Strikes Back and Return of the Jedi as well.

We to it from Netflix last week, pretty funny. Meg only shows up once in the entire show, and even then just briefly.

I used to watch Mighty Mouse and Underdog. Then there was Mystery Science Theater 3000.

He-man! GI Joe, Super Friends, and then there was the one with the Barbarian in a future Earth that has been shattered and is ruled by animal magicians...

We have one of the seasons of He-Man on DVD. Ever see the live-action movie from the early 90's?

My kids re-discovered Robots yesterday.

I even have the sound clip of Might Mouse singing, "Here I come, to save the day" on my pc. Sadly, www.cartoonwaves.com went under years ago. Luckily, frogstar.com has a huge audio archive.

early 90's i was 16-18... WAYYYYY too cool to be noticing something like a live action he-man!
That woulda been cool though. Better than the recent hulk movie...

Mighty Mouse, he's here to save the day!!! I loved that cartoon, too! And Rocky and Bullwinkle and.....and

Tennessee Tuxedo, Prof. Peabody, Fractured Fairy Tales .... Dad and I would watch Rocky and Bullwinkle, He and I would laugh at the same thing but for different reasons.

Bugs Bunny Road Runner, Taz, Silvester and Tweety. Disney was OK but when I 'discovered' Warner Brothers/ Loony Tunes I lost interest in the touchy Feely stuff.

Johnny Quest ... Was that a Toon?

Todays stuff? I can't believe Wife watches Family Guy and John Stewart, shows aimed directly at the adolescent male.

Does anyone remember Busy Buzz Buzz from Snuffy Smith?

Spongebob Squarepants is the greatest cartoon EVER. My fiancee and I watch it every day, and we have ever since it first aired on TV. See pictures below...need I say more? Absolutely hilarious. I've seen every episode a million times and they still crack me up.

Attachments

• 2icecreams.jpg
    2icecreams.jpg
    10.5 KB · Views: 172
  • pickcan.jpg
    pickcan.jpg
    15.9 KB · Views: 196
Back
Top Bottom