Another star in heaven

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CWS4322

Chef Extraordinaire
When you look up in the sky tonight, look for the newest star...my parents' 17-year old Lab (Mitzi) is the newest star in heaven. Hopefully, the star right next to her will be my brother. This is the day that the Lord hath made, let us rejoice and be glad in it. Don't know why that has been running through my head all day, but it has and I am not terribly religious.

{{{CWS}}}. RIP, sweet Mitzi. I'm sure your brother is glad for her company. This year has been bad for many of us, but was sure hard on you.

Last edited:
I'm so sorry, CWS, that you and your family lost your dog, and that you had to do it alone. We had to put down our 14-year-old black Lab two years ago. I was really sick at the time, but I insisted on going with DH. Take care ❤️

thinking of you. Wishing you peace in your spirit. You've made it through a year with grace. Take care of yourself.

thinking of you. Wishing you peace in your spirit. You've made it through a year with grace. Take care of yourself.
Grace is not my strong suit...Grace is a little girl who never washed her face. I just don't know where I can get the strength to keep soldering on. thank you, Blissful.

For 12 years, I did dog rescue. I have had to be there holding several dogs. I could do this, what I could not do was let Mitzi leave this world alone. Yeah, it is hard, but I would not want to die alone. I would want to die in the arms of the person who loved me best. And, yes, I am a bit miffed at my Dad that he could not be there, too.

Thank you, DCers, for being there to prop me up in 2016. It has been a h@llishly difficult year. I know I haven't spelt this right, but "roten Faden." Got that in spades. Enough already.

Last edited:
Just saw this CW. I'm sad for you and your folks over Mitzi's death. Sometimes furry friends are so much nicer than human ones. They don't judge, they love us no matter what, and they are faithful to a fault. (((hugs))) to you and your folks.

Think of it this way, she's able to run and play like a puppy again, no more aching joints, being tired and just not feeling good. I know how hard it is to lose them. I still cry when I think about losing ours.

Oh, man. I'm terribly sorry CWS. If there's anyone in this world I wish a better new year, it's you. I will keep you in my rosary today, that the end of '16 ends your grief as well. If it were only that easy.

And I'm gping to point out a pair of stars to my son on the next clear night and tell him that they are your brother and Mitzi.

Back
Top Bottom