Another Use For Mr. Clean Magic Erasers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Washing soda works too. I would only use it on something that is more or less hopeless, I would not use it on anything valuable.
Why? I have used commercial dips on silver jewellery and it works best on stuff that isn't too badly tarnished, and of course, stuff that doesn't have a pattern that needs patina.

They work on those "I've got to mark my territory" dark places on door facings & wall corners where my black cat rubs himself. This is a quick fix -- the paint may wear slightly but not seriously. Don't know if light-colored cats leave the same marks.

Why? I have used commercial dips on silver jewellery and it works best on stuff that isn't too badly tarnished, and of course, stuff that doesn't have a pattern that needs patina.

I only offer a word of caution so no one dips Great Aunt Minnie's lovely heirloom brooch into it and ends up disappointed with the decision. I have not had consistent results, some items end up looking sort of raw and lifeless, others are sparkling and fresh.

I've also cleaned my jewelry in ammonia, water, and a toothbrush. That worked well too, especially for rings.

I love magic erasers! I have 7 boxes of them in the cleaning supplies cabinet. They were on a good sale a while back. :LOL: As mentioned though, I'm very careful about using them on painted or finished surfaces.

Back
Top Bottom