Answer a question with a question!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Do you know ... that I agree with you, isn't it horrid the ways she's been treated or not treated??

I wonder if Canadian health care covers its citizens while on vacation in other countries? Like maybe if she took ill while seeing her 'cousin' in Chicago?

Did you know Laurie lives very close to the border so...maybe she'd like that information? Do you think your wife would call?? It must be covered...don't you think... how would they ever leave Canada if it wasn't?? Is that too many questions? Should I have made different posts for each of them??

Do you guys know how much I love you all for "talking behind my back" and trying to figure this all out and that it brings tears to my eyes?

Do you also know that we can buy health insurance for travel outside of the country but it is not through our health care it is through other companies and can be really expensive depending on your heath conditions and they will have access to all the records of her recent visits?

Did you know that narrows your choices down to finding a county hospital like our Cook County that will give someone with no or low income free health care on the US side, or trying to get her Dr. to give her barium and then do a CT scan?
Do you know the nurse described its effects as 'lighting up your insides like a Christmas tree?

How can I say thank you enough Maverick? Do you know that all the doctors have said there is fluid leaking into her abdomen but none are taking it seriously?

Did you know that is exactly what the first doctor was afraid of with me? That fluid from the appendix was leaking into my abdomen because it had a tear instead of bursting?

Do you know we are sure it is the appendix but the doctors won't believe us? Is it time to start thinking about shipping her south? (We have friends in Washington State and I am sure there are free clinics there).

Back
Top Bottom