Answer a question with a question!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Did you know that California (where I used to live) had lots of kinds of hummingbirds, but that South Carolina only has one or two kinds? :(

:) Barbara

As per the bald eagle I can jump on my horse, go to the river and watch them freely, they nest down there.,....we also have pelicans on our river...imagine that! Pds have you had tongue? I dont even know what our bird and animal is, do you think we even have one?

Animals

Mammal

Rocky Mountain Bighorn Sheep, Ovis canadensis

The Bighorn is a majestic, native Alberta animal. Prehistoric remains have been found in most of the river valleys across Alberta, showing that at one time large herds of Bighorn Sheep roamed the province. Today the Bighorn is primarily found in the Rocky Mountain region.

(adopted August 18, 1989)

bighorn.jpg
Fish

Bull Trout, Salvelinus confluentus

The Bull Trout, one of eight species found in Alberta’s glacial fed waters, is often confused with the brook trout, but lacks black markings on its dorsal fins. In order to ensure Alberta’s population of bull trout never becomes endangered, there is a catch and release policy governing all bull trout fishing in the province.

(adopted May 2, 1995)

bulltrout.jpg
Bird

Great Horned Owl, Bubo virginianus

The bird is a year-round resident of the province and represents the concern of Albertans for our wildlife.

(adopted May 3, 1977 by a province-wide children’s vote).

GreatHornedOwl.jpg
[ Top of Page ]

this is what I found...ever eat any of them?

Do you think humans seem pathetic and inadequate in their eyes, as we are incapable of leaping gracefully among the rocks, swimming without any danger of drowning or soar high in the sky?

Back
Top Bottom