Any Crafters out there?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Dad bags can have things like a golf ball and some golf tees, a small screwdriver and a tape measure (hardware type gifts) some car cleaning stuff. I will ask my oldest daughter cause she used the Father's Day stall at school for years!
How long til you need all the ideas cause in a week school will be back and I can ask the craft group.

That's great mrsmac!!
Another thing for moms could be things like bubble bath, scented candle, scented lotion, eye covers {for sleeping, i found some at walmart in the section with the back scrubber, loofas and such}

We have made bath salts at school before. You get washing soda or washing crystals (laundry aisle of Franklins!!) then add any essential oil you like and some colouring, mix it all well then put into decorative bottles.

I still have a bit of time - I did purchase some items today to embellish - I'll post photos when I'm done. I'd forgotten about bath salts - I love those and used to make them a lot - great idea!

Do you crochet?

I was playing around yesterday and came up with a very simple little snowflake. My Mom has asked me to make her a bunch to hang on the Christmas tree this year

img_175802_0_91fbe1cb363bea9594f62804d2dd63c6.jpg

The pattern is very simple.
Stitches:
Single Crochet (sc)
Trebel
Double Crochet (dc)

Chain 5 then close the loop. (this is your center "hub")
3 sc to turn.
Trebel 14 using the center of the 5sc chain loop.
3sc to turn
Using the space between the trebels as stitches, work a pointed shell (3dc, 3sc, 3dc) skip 1 st and repeat.

I'm terriable at writing up a pattern and even worse at following them so if you need any help just let me know :mrgreen:

~ Raven ~

Raven said:
Do you crochet?

I was playing around yesterday and came up with a very simple little snowflake. My Mom has asked me to make her a bunch to hang on the Christmas tree this year

img_175845_0_91fbe1cb363bea9594f62804d2dd63c6.jpg

The pattern is very simple.
Stitches:
Single Crochet (sc)
Trebel
Double Crochet (dc)

Chain 5 then close the loop. (this is your center "hub")
3 sc to turn.
Trebel 14 using the center of the 5sc chain loop.
3sc to turn
Using the space between the trebels as stitches, work a pointed shell (3dc, 3sc, 3dc) skip 1 st and repeat.

I'm terriable at writing up a pattern and even worse at following them so if you need any help just let me know :mrgreen:

~ Raven ~

Cool. I have a beginning of a snowflake collection. Some day I hope to have a 8 foot tree with nothing but white lights and snowflakes on it. I buy a few new ones every year. I have to see if I can figure out how to make yours. Doubtful but worth a try. Thanks!!!!:):):):)

Super cute, Raven - and yes, I did learn to crochet a while ago (when I was pregnant with my 10-year-old!) I think those would also look really cute adorning a little girl's winter hat and matching gloves.

pdswife: The year before I got married, I didn't have any Christmas tree decorations, so I strung white lights, made big pink bows, and then picked up shells from the beach (I lived in Santa Barbara). I painted the shells white, and while the paint was drying, I sprinkled a tiny bit of opalescent glitter (enough to sparkle, but not overpower). Anyway, many shells, when placed in groups of six make pretty snowflakes.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom