Any Favorite Old Clothes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JoAnn L.

Master Chef
As I was ironing my very favorite old flannel shirt this morning, I was wondering if you have some favorite old clothes you just can't get rid of? I have had this shirt for at least 20 years and I bought it at a used clothing store. It is such a soft flannel and I love the color, its a soft pastel blue and white check.:rolleyes:

A pair of my trousers are about 15 years old. When I wore them the other day part of the zip pull just sheared off. I'm having the zip replaced as I really like those trousers.:)

I have a leather waist coat that`s never off my back (during waking hours), it`s had the lining replaced twice the pockets (also leather inside) once, and it`s Still as good as ever :)

I`ll be Buried in the thing!

Oh don't get me started! I keep my stuff so long I'm now Retro and in style again! For me its a couple of shirts that were my Dad's I just can't give up. And I have a couple of sweatshirts that are so well broken in I could never give them up. Sadly, my t shirts don't seem to stick around. If they get holes in them my DH likes to stick his fingers in them and make the holes REALLY big then give me that innocent "OOPS!" look. Sigh.

Andy M. said:
I can't fit into my favorite old clothes anymore.:(

I resemble that remark.

I have a bunch of T-shirts purchased at rock concerts over thirty years ago that I wish would still fit.

I “Had” a most favorite sport coat that was velour type of material. It was multi colored patchwork style design but not madras.

The family was gathered to celebrate BIL’s 60th birthday and old pictures were put into DVD and viewed on the TV. The room erupted in laughter when pictures of Uncle George in his ‘coat of many colors” flashed on the screen. I thought I was pretty cool and even amid the laughter I admitted to loving that coat.

Alix said:
Sadly, my t shirts don't seem to stick around. If they get holes in them my DH likes to stick his fingers in them and make the holes REALLY big then give me that innocent "OOPS!" look. Sigh.

:brows: :brows: :brows: ;)

I keep most non-work clothes until they crumble in pieces around me when I'm getting dressed.

A beloved soft denim shirt that my dad called my Southern Christian Leadership Conference shirt eventually went by the wayside sorely lamented.

Also love bib overalls and wear them to tatters.

I have t-shirts (concert and otherwise) that are older than some college graduates.

Have been this way since I was a kid, when I wore tennis shoes (that's what they were called before Reeboks came into being) that were held together by the laces.

Then there's all that stuff that "I'm going to fit into again"............

The first thing that comes to mind is my beloved "night rag," as Buck calls it. It is/was (it's still in a drawer) a cotton spaghetti strap short nightie I bought at a Vanity Fair outlet in about the late '70s. It was, when new, the softest cotton I'd ever felt, save for baby clothes and I wore it constantly.

Fast forward to 1994 when I came downstairs after a night's sleep and Buck said, "Nice night rag."

I hadn't realized it'd lost most of its color and was tattered in a number of places. I was shamed into shopping for a new one. Now the new one is called a "night rag" in spite of the fact that it's relatively new.

Needless to say, I wear things to death.

I have a t-shirt that is so old and tattered around the collar, thin too but is the most confortable thing! Lol, would never wear in out! lol

How about good luck/bad luck clothes? I've owned clothes that I really like in the mirror, but every time I wore them something bad happened to me, so much so that I gave to Goodwill rather than wear them again. But other clothes make me feel like a million dollars, even if I know they don't look that great.

I always have what I call "uniform" clothes. A handful of clothes that I love and as they wear out I us them for "house" clothes.

Remember that old "I Love Lucy" show were Lucy and Ethel sell all of Ricky and Freds old clothes. And the guys find out about it and at the end of the show, Ricky and Fred go and buy them back at twice the price.:LOL:

I wore overalls all the time when I had the greenhouses. I have a habit of "bellyin' up" to my work, so my tummy was always covered with dirt. When I took the overalls down to go to the bathroom, there was a circle of potting soil around the loo.
I love my old T-shirts, too I have an old tye-dye that looks like it's been shot with bird pellets.

JoAnn L. said:
As I was ironing my very favorite old flannel shirt this morning, I was wondering if you have some favorite old clothes you just can't get rid of? I have had this shirt for at least 20 years and I bought it at a used clothing store. It is such a soft flannel and I love the color, its a soft pastel blue and white check.:rolleyes:
I just threw mine out! It had belonged to my Dad, and I literally lived in it evenings after work.

The other day I looked at myself in it in the mirror, and realized how awful it looked.:ohmy: so I chucked it. :(

Back
Top Bottom