Any true classical music lovers?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
alix, i can burn you a copy (i'm not really breaking any copyrights since it was sent to me for free in junk mail) if you'd like. same goes for you tg.

pm me if you're interested.

i still need to send my check out for goodweed's cookbooks.

then i can start burning those for friends too...:rolleyes:

:-p

OMG, I JUST saw this!!!:wacko::LOL:

I studied classical music from the time I was old enough to sit on a piano bench. When I was 13, I also began taking voice lessons.

My voice is gone and I can no longer play, but I can still listen.

Pavarotti can still make me cry.

I love classical music. There was a TV offering for "The Most Relaxing Classical Music" two CDs and on a whim I bought it. It's addictive and I listen to them all the time when I piece a quilt. They are wonderful! Hope you can still find them!

I am so excited!! I'm getting most of these from Itunes. There is one, Pachelbels Canon in Dmajor. It sounds like This night from the Mormon Tabernacle Choir!!

Try Mozart sonatas. They're my favorite.

Being a French hornist for most of my life, I'm pretty indebted to classical music. ;)

Now, I'm not talking about "favorites" per se, here, but what really are stress reducers (research bears me out). Mozart wins, hands down. and not just his piano music, but also his symphonies -- most notably the 40th -- and Eine Kleine Nachtmusik.

The last two are recommended for relaxing migraine sufferers. and I can attest that altho I don't get migraines, and I get headaches rarely, Mozart removes them more rapidly than any over the counter medication.

Now, if I'm talking about my favorite Mozart, that would be the 4 horn concerti (surprise, surprise! :LOL:) and the 40th Symphony.

Being a French hornist for most of my life, I'm pretty indebted to classical music. ;)

Now, I'm not talking about "favorites" per se, here, but what really are stress reducers (research bears me out). Mozart wins, hands down. and not just his piano music, but also his symphonies -- most notably the 40th -- and Eine Kleine Nachtmusik.

The last two are recommended for relaxing migraine sufferers. and I can attest that altho I don't get migraines, and I get headaches rarely, Mozart removes them more rapidly than any over the counter medication.

Now, if I'm talking about my favorite Mozart, that would be the 4 horn concerti (surprise, surprise! :LOL:) and the 40th Symphony.

got em;)

Here's my list and it's driving DH absolutely bonkers!!! LOL

Aaron Copeland- Appalachian Spring
Simple gifts
Alexxis Weissenberg-Suite 13 Bergamasque Claire De Lune
Antonin Dvorak - Symphony #9 Allegro con fuoco
Albinoni
All four seasons of Vivaldi
Bach- Cencerto in D minor for 2 violins
Pachelbel's Canon in D major
Air on a G string From Suite 3
Sonata #2
Arioso
Beethoven - Moonlight Sonata
Symphony #3
Camille Saint-Saens - The Swan
Debussy - Claire De Lune
Prelude a L'Apres-Midi dun Faune
Edward Elgar - Enigma Variations - Nimrod
Franz Liszt - Love Dream
Garbriel Faure - Pavane
George Frideric Handel - Ombra Mai Fu
Goldberg #2 Aria Da Capo
Gustav Holst - The Planets
Johann Pachelbel- Canon and Gigue for 3 violins
Canon in D major
Mozart - Ave Maria
Ave Verum Corpus
Requiem-Lacrymosa
Serenade no. 13 in G major (Eine Kliene Nachtmusik)
Ralph Vaughan Williams - The Lark Ascending
Fantasia on Greensleeves
Ravel Bolero - Ma Mere L'oye, 3e Tableau_Les
Samuel Barber - Adagio for Strings
Eric Satie - Gymnopedies no. 1-3
Sibelius-Jean - Valse Triste
Tchaikovsky - Serenade for Strings
Sleeping Beauty
Swan Lake
Violin Concerto in D

And adding, lol

Don't know if its technically considered "classical" but when I'm stressed I enjoy the soothing sounds of the "Witches in bikinis" song "Party like a Chimpanzee" :LOL:

Back
Top Bottom