"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 12-25-2008, 06:46 PM   #11
Head Chef

I hope that you bought it at Fowler's Mill. I love going there for specialty flours.

Old 12-25-2008, 06:52 PM   #12
Traveling Welcome Wagon

I don't believe that name came up when I did my search. I bought it at Suttonsbayspices.com. I will check Fowler's Mill out though, now that I know about it. Thanks!

Barbara

Old 12-25-2008, 08:43 PM   #13
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via AIM to pdswife Send a message via MSN to pdswife Send a message via Yahoo to pdswife
Oh Vera! Another wonderful read! Thank you and have the most wonderful of days!!

Not an unusual gift but...Paul did get me the Amazon Kindle. I'm reading the newest James Patterson book on it now. IT's GREAT!!!
Old 12-25-2008, 09:09 PM   #14
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdswife View Post
Oh Vera! Another wonderful read! Thank you and have the most wonderful of days!!

Not an unusual gift but...Paul did get me the Amazon Kindle. I'm reading the newest James Patterson book on it now. IT's GREAT!!!
Man I would love a Kindle but will wait since I just got a new laptop two weeks ago.
Old 12-25-2008, 09:18 PM   #15
Head Chef

The only Bizarre thing I got was from my brother in law and his wife. They dont have much money , so i never expect to get a gift at all. And sure, its the thought that counts. But when I opened up my little gift bag and saw 6 halls cough drops sealed in a ziplock, an appointment calendar from last year, and a lip balm, it was hard not to make a face ( which I didnt. They gave the same thing to everyone, each in their own gift bag.
Old 12-25-2008, 09:23 PM   #16
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via AIM to pdswife Send a message via MSN to pdswife Send a message via Yahoo to pdswife
lol... Larry..that's just too funny!!
Old 12-25-2008, 09:33 PM   #17
Head Chef

Im not complaining about the gift, just curious about the thought process behind it. Just like last year when my mother in law got me a window squeegie (sp). Was she thinking id lose my job and have to work the corners cleaning windshields ??
Old 12-25-2008, 09:35 PM   #18
Chef Extraordinaire

Oh I know you weren't complaining... I'd like to ask them what they were thinking too...
Old 12-25-2008, 10:22 PM   #19
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Yahoo to middie
Nothing unusual this year. Amazing isn't it ??
Old 12-26-2008, 12:24 PM   #20
Head Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdswife View Post

I talked about nothing else since I first saw the Kindle on Oprah's show. Amazon has been sold out of these for quite a while. They come in and they're gone immediately. My kids told me they would get one for me as soon as they become available. Then it hit me, you have to buy the books at $9.99. While that's a bargain, I don't buy books, EVER. I get them free from the library. I would still love to have the Kindle and I envy you. Enjoy it.