Anybody else cook with a pet under foot?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have a shih tzu who thinks she's a cat:LOL:
her name is Lacey and watches every move I make in the kitchen
she has a special cabinet where I keep her food and treats, and
if I get remotely close to it she does this cute little dance...
till I give in and give her a treat :)

I have a Maine Coon and he comes running if I open the fridge. He LOVES lunchmeat and any kind of meat, he begs more than my dog does. I have to put him in the laundry room and shut the door if I am chopping up chicken.
I also have a little 22 lb dog who watches me in the kitchen but he doesn't get underfoot. He is afraid of Hayden (my maine coon). Sometimes Hayden swats at Buster when there is food involved.

They are quick to clean up anything I spill or drop.

I grew up with dogs that were only slightly larger than cats, so I'm used to having animals underfoot. Now I have cats, and they like to jump onto the counters while we're cooking. They it eventually got to where no punishments were working to keep them off that I started shooting little squirts of water at their butts with the rinse gun that comes with your sink. That sure kept them off... but conversely made them a little scared of the sound of the sink. They always double take whenever I turn it on.

the surefire way to cure having cats under foot is to have a baby boy. as soon as he's able to crawl, the cats will begin a life on the run.

any high place that can't be reached by a devil 36" tall is safe for a cat. if there's no reachable high ground, even after knocking stuff over in attempts to get to it, then they sit ready to shoot thru an opening door to escape to another room.

remember, the kid's got a lot of toys that make noise if you squeeze, poke, press, or yank on them. cats are no different to a 2 1/2 year old.

my maine coon is the only one of our cats who tolerates it, for the most part.
they'll sit together at the cat's bowls, at first getting along famously. little by little the moans turn into hissing and spitting (from both of them!), with my son sitting on the 'coon, attempting to see how far the tail stretches.

the other cats now live in the shadows when he's awake.

I have one cat that loves raw shrimp. I don't know if it's good for him but he usually ends up getting some when I'm cleaning them.

vilasman, I have a Golden retriever who sits patiently waiting for any food scrap to fly off the knife. I also have two cats (one of whom is a very large Maine Coon) and they are not as often present. It really depends on what I am prepping. If there is bacon happening you can guarantee you will be tripping over the Maine Coon. She is addicted to bacon and bagels.

I'm thinking that cats have suc great adn soft fur that if they bcome too bothersome, would make a great pair of winter gloves, or maybe a throw-rug for in front of the kitchen sink:devilish: . And you wives out there, your husbands would not make good throw rugs for in front of the kitchen sink, period!

Ha! I'm just kidding. My cat and dog stay out of my kitchen while I'm cooking. They know to stay out from under my big feet or it could get painful. Actually, they never have been a problem in that way (they have their own special ways to torment us:angry: .

I love animals and have had tghem around most of my life. They're almost as great as kids. If I could only get them trained to understand that they should do their buisness in the toilet instead of drinking from it.:ROFLMAO:

Seeeeeeya; Goodweed of the North
Seeeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

Back
Top Bottom