Anybody Have a 2 Headed Fish Reciepe?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mugsy27

Sous Chef
LINCOLN, Neb. - This fish didn't have a chance. A rainbow trout pulled out of Holmes Lake last weekend had double the chance to get hooked: It had two mouths.

Clarence Olberding, 57, wasn't just telling a fisherman's fib when he called over another angler to look at the two-mouthed trout. It weighed in at about a pound.

"I reached down and grabbed it to take the hook out, and that's when I noticed that the hook was in the upper mouth and there was another jaw protruding out below," said Olberding.

He said in his 40 years of fishing, he's never seen anything like it.

Don Gabelhouse, head of the fisheries division of the Nebraska Game and Parks Commission, said a two-mouthed fish was new to him, too.

"It's probably a genetic deformity," he said. "I don't think there's anything wrong with it."

The second mouth didn't appear to be functional, Olberding said. He has plans for the fish, which don't included mounting.

"I'm going to smoke it up and eat it," he said.

Attachments

• capt.ah11112212006.mutated_fish_ah111.jpg
    capt.ah11112212006.mutated_fish_ah111.jpg
    22.1 KB · Views: 207
I saw that article about the fish, too, Mugsy. A day or two ago.

Tell me, WOULD YOU EAT THAT THING?? I like trout (yummers!) but there's obviously somethin' wrong with that critter! How do I know it hasn't been exposed to weird chemicals, or gamma rays or whatever?

Last thing I need to do is grow a second mouth :huh:

(a third arm would be OK...I could chop and sautee at the same time)

--J

Two Headed Baby

I love the Discovery Channel but sometimes see something on there I will always remember. This one was about lady in Palistine or somewhere over there who came to states to have other head of her child removed. One child normal but attached to another head. It was killing the normal child. I count my blessings when I saw that. The sad thing is I didn't get to see if the normal child lived or died. They said she was losing blood so much that the blood loss could accomodate 5 people. Guess I will never know how that one turned out.

Back
Top Bottom