"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 09-17-2006, 09:46 PM   #41
Head Chef

Living in Northern Minnesota we have the 4 seasons and Fall is the best. The tree are turning now and the garden crops are almost ended and canning almost done. No bugs, cool and no humidity. Smells so good in the early am and evening.

Old 09-17-2006, 10:00 PM   #42
Head Chef

I don't mind early fall, but its a harbinger of winter, which I hate. And once the time changes and it gets dark at 5pm, I am pretty miserable. I have seasonal affective disorder too, so the gray, blah days turn me into an old grouch. I just want to hibernate til spring. I tend to eat more carbs, sleep more and be very grumpy til spring.

Old 09-17-2006, 10:38 PM   #43
Sous Chef

Send a message via AIM to Corinne
I don't like fall at all. Everything is turning brown & dying. It seems like it's dark more than it's light. It always depresses me. Winter can be cozy at times but there's nothing like Spring - when it's not too hot, not too cold, no humidity, everything is coming alive again - re-birth. If I could find a place where it's Spring weather all year round, that's where I'd want to live.
Old 09-17-2006, 10:40 PM   #44
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via MSN to kitchenelf
Quote:
Originally Posted by corazon90
Don't get me wrong, I like the fall too but I'm just not ready for it yet.
I think most everyone doesn't have to deal with the "gray" as much as you do. I went to visit my sister and we left beautiful weather in Oregon to visit REALLY cold, gray, foggy, rainy weather in Seattle. We went by the little passenger train. It was so cold that we only stayed for about 45 minutes. We were soaked and freezing!!!

"Count yourself...you ain't so many" - quote from Buck's Daddy
kitchenelf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2006, 02:16 AM   #45
DC Grandma

Fall..no more 100+* Temperatures !! we are back in the 90's this week. thank goodness it cools down at dark.
But I do like daylight savings time..
Dove

Walk towards the Sunshine and the Shadows will fall behind you!
Dove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2006, 04:17 AM   #46
Executive Chef

Send a message via MSN to urmaniac13 Send a message via Skype™ to urmaniac13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellen
Yes, we call your summer our winter, and vice versa. We are just coming into spring now.
Thanks Ellen!! Now I am a little wiser than yesterday...
Old 09-18-2006, 07:24 AM   #47
Assistant Cook

I for one am glad that fall is here. I can put up with the early darkness in fall and then the snow in winter and the awakening of nature in spring, however the heat of summer is something that I dread. Perhaps this isn't as much a vote for the fall season but a vote against summer.
Old 09-18-2006, 07:46 AM   #48
Executive Chef

I LOVE the fall, winter and spring, and I live in an area that has all the seasons. I love the assortment of hay rides, weinie roasts and fall colors coming up, actually the maples are just starting to turn. I love snow, sled riding, cross country skiing, and the spring is just special with the rebirth of the plants and trees. I dread the heat and humidity that comes with my summers, they just sap my energy. We got air-conditioning three years ago and that has been a blessing for this post menopausal person. I like the early darkness, because we go to bed so early, it is difficult to fall asleep when it is daylight. And it makes doing chores more logical. The goats do not like to got to bed until dusk, so I am doing chores just before I turn in during the summer. Now I can do their chores when it fits my schedule, not theirs!
Old 09-18-2006, 08:05 AM   #49
Assistant Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by corazon90
It's been cold here the last few days and I think summer is over. I usually look forward to the next season but not this time around. We had a late start on summer, it didn't really dry up and warm up until mid July but now it's already over. Kinda bummed out about it. I'm just not ready for the weather to be gray and rainy again. Anyone else?
Seeing where you live definitely will color your opinion but we are in MY VERY VERY FAVORITE weather/season. And if that is shouting, so be it!!! ;o)
Old 09-18-2006, 01:00 PM   #50
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via AIM to pdswife Send a message via MSN to pdswife Send a message via Yahoo to pdswife
I'm a summer type girl... this rain and gray coldness... just isn't for me.

Give me warmth and sunshine!!!!

« Iraq | Killer Cat! »