Anyone familiar with quicktime on computers?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jkath

Hospitality Queen
I wish I had great computer skills!

I run firefox, and in the last week, my quicktime has gone from working fine to being the big blue Q with a "?" in the middle of it. Anyone know what I can do?

PS - I'm on a PC, not a mac.

Thanks all!

I'd had that problem about 6 months ago and a computer geek fixed it, but then he "fixed" another part of my computer which caused a major disruption (including lack of internet!)

I have this problem now, after downloading the latest version. Do you suppose my versions are competing with each other?

Bob, we need to start the "I can't make my computer work, but I can whip up a darn good meal" club.

jkath said:
Bob, we need to start the "I can't make my computer work, but I can whip up a darn good meal" club.

Darn good idea! Maybe we could make enough $$$ to buy a couple new computers!!:LOL:

I've always heard, that it's best to delete all old versions, before installing newer ones. Then again it may be that Firefox and Quicktime are having an "argument"

Look at your little finger nail...All I know on the subject you can write it there! :huh:

Last edited:
In my "computer geek" experienced I'd rather not have Quicktime on my computer. I've removed it from every computer I've ever had and been much happier with fewer problems.

For me it's always been a problem. It could be the embedded coding; it could be the incompatibility with other programs. I've never "nailed" the true reason, I just know the causes. Cause and effect is too many times the embedded coding on a quicktime file has caused issues. For one, you have to add a new program. Well, if you have to add something to Windows that isn't basic, there's an immediate chance for a virus or spyware. I just don't trust it and I can say positively that since my first computer I have yet to get a truly fatal virus because of the precautions I take.

Ah. Since I have had XP about the only things I have loaded have been related to spyware and protection programmes. Norton 360 gives me a bit of grief from time to time but I've heard that isn't uncommon. Thanks!

.....but what about those of us who liked quicktime and just need help with the magical Q's with question marks?

Back
Top Bottom