Anyone for some Ghost Pepper Jelly...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
People are begging me to make my habanero jelly... They want to buy it. Just harvested my habs and gave some to my buddies at Steel and Rye and still have a bunch, though it was a crappy season.

Guess I should make some soon.

I thought I bought a ghost pepper plant this spring (labeled as such) and I planned to make jelly from it....

Last edited:
I thought I bought a ghost pepper plant this spring (labeled as such) and I planned to make jelly from it....

We had issue with some wrong labeling this past spring. We also had terrible weather for vegetables.

From now on its seeds. I buy what I like in the market, save the seeds and plant what I want from now on.
When you live in SC. all you can really get is peppers and tomato's readily.

I love pepper jelly. I canned two kinds this year and have already gone through half of it. :rolleyes:

I have what I call the "mild stuff", which is made from jalapenos, but I also have a batch made from red savina habaneros. This stuff will take hair off your chest. But at the same time it's also incredibly tasty.

My peppers came out great this year. Spring came so late I was worried they wouldn't ripen, but fortunately we got a nice blast of warm weather in October.

img_1319174_0_1d8488b95b6592cb63c3bc47afe01f0f.jpg

We had issue with some wrong labeling this past spring. We also had terrible weather for vegetables.

From now on its seeds. I buy what I like in the market, save the seeds and plant what I want from now on.
When you live in SC. all you can really get is peppers and tomato's readily.

I harvest seeds from my peppers now. Lesson learned!

But when I saw the "ghost pepper" plant (with warnings) I had to get one. When the actual fruit was long and thin I was really pissed off.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom