Anyone get cooking stuff for Christmas or Channukah?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
What will you use the larger one for? I'm asking because I have a enamelled cast iron pot about that size and shape and haven't really figured out uses for it.

Probably larger cuts of meat or stews..

One of my SIL's sent one of these to me. Appalachian Bow saw for bread made from cherry wood.

Impressively sharp and great craftsmanship.

.40, i have one of those bread saws. i think it's made from oak.

it's a great tool to use on really soft bread as well as a crustier one. you never crush a loaf. and they are scary sharp. lol, i see the link you posted says 200 hours of bread cutting before the blade gets dull. does slicing fingers when taking it out of the drawer count against that time as well?

i've seen bread saws that have an adjustable blade so you can select the width of the slice you're making. pretty cool! :cool:

I didn't get any cooking stuff for Christmas. But I got some money which will go to buying some kitchen stuff! Not sure what all yet, but some new square cake pans are high on the list as is a decorating kit as soon as Michael's sends me another 50% off coupon!

I didn't get any cooking stuff for Christmas. But I got some money which will go to buying some kitchen stuff! Not sure what all yet, but some new square cake pans are high on the list as is a decorating kit as soon as Michael's sends me another 50% off coupon!

Have you signed up for an account at their website? It lets you print out their coupons plus you get email notification on sales and specials and bonus coupons.

Though I got it a few weeks ago, the weber rotisserie for my 22.5 was an xmas gift.

Craig

Total mayhem here yesterday after dinner. There were about a dozen of us, including grandchildren and there was paper, ribbons and packaging galore. At one point the living room floor was so covered I feared we'd lose the youngest grandchild.

Yes, I did receive some great cooking-related "toys." One of Glenn's children gave me four 17x25-inch Teflon sheets. Now I can cut them to size and have almost all my cookie sheets, baking pans and cake pans Teflon-lined. Some of them were Teflon, but that was over 40 years ago and many bakings later. Now they'll have a new life and perhaps another 40 years.

I also received a Zenker cake slicing device that I'd been coveting. And Glenn's mother gifted me with a beater blade that has "scraper blades" for my KitchenAid mixer. Can't wait to try that.

Best of all, my sweetheart gave me a beautiful 9-speed KitchenAid hand mixer. I've been using a 5-speed one since about 1979 and it just didn't have the get-up-and-go that I sometimes needed. Plus, it was getting a little long in the tooth and balked at some of the more difficult tasks I asked it to do.

My brother is an actor with and on the board of directors of an area theatre and he gave me a cookbook which is a compilation of the best-of-the-best recipes from past and current actors and staff. Some of the recipes darn near made me drool as I read through it.

One of the neatest things, especially because it's just the two of us, is a "split" pie pan one of my children gave me. It's something that I'm sure we're going to enjoy. It will make it sooooo great to make meat pies for dinner.

I can't wait to play with my new toys!!

image-3591750289.jpg

This is what I got for Christmas! Not only can we have a fire on the deck now, but you can cook on it too! Very nice!

Oh, I forgot!
A friend sent us a Keurig Office Pro coffee maker. I'm not a huge fan of these things as they are so wasteful, but I did find a reusable filter and so it won't be as wasteful to use it that way.
Also, kitchen towels, washcloths, and pot holders from my mom.

No cooking stuff this year. My sons got me a Nook Tablet and I'm thrilled!! I'm somewhat techno challenged so we'll see how it goes. I don't plan on using it to read books, but I love all the other features it has!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom