Anyone get cooking stuff for Christmas or Channukah?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

buckytom

Chef Extraordinaire
we opened our gifts this morning and i got a 6 qt. cuisinart pressure cooker from dw. can't wait to use it. i'll be researching pressure cooker recipes tonight.

did anyone else get cooking stuff for the holidays? cookbooks, pots and pans, knives, gadgets, etc.?

what did you get?

I got a hand blender

Attachments

• 10178946.jpg
    10178946.jpg
    14.1 KB · Views: 90
It's the Oxo Hand Mixer. Fairly clever. The beaters come off so you can wash them. The top assembly pops off so it can go in the dishwasher. And it's scaled smaller so it fits in a drawer.

That looks an awful lot like the egg beaters we had when I was a kid, just more modern design.

We will be opening presents this evening before dinner so I'll get back to you...

My entire family is on the east coast, unimaginative, and/or too lazy top pack up a box and drag it down to the post office, UPS store, or Fed Ex Office Print and Ship facility, so I get cash or gift cards.

With the cash my father sent, I bought myself a tool kit because now that I am the only one in California, I can put a tool away and expect to find it again the next time I need it.

img_1087673_0_298143e942d07e310d2702191b749bd4.jpg

My brother sent me a Lowes gift card, which I put towards something I was planning on buying anyway; a pick axe, which I need to dig up some ficus bushes in my front yard and install a hole for planting my new cherry tree.

img_1087673_1_a16f5dd5ccfbbff3d11330241aba2d3e.jpg

Plague of Locusts actually sent a gift, but he works in the shipping department so it was pretty much effortless. He sent me a pair of TempurPedic slippers, which are really great when your entire house is either hardwood or ceramic tile.

img_1087673_2_3199eaf6e159034568932aa55fa3b99f.jpg

No cooking items, Shrek got me the wool cloak I had been wanting.

Attachments

• black cape.jpg
    black cape.jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 244
Nice.

But, I did a double take. That looks like the cloaks that nursing students used to wear in Denmark. How appropriate for a nurse.

I know, it's made in France and it was on a super sale 50% off. I just love the look of it and it will be a good palette for my collection of winter scarves. I should have it in about a week.

Kind of bah hum bug around here. DH and I did not exchange gifts this year. (we did last year, I got a Cuisinart food processor, which I requested lol!) It's his theory that if we want something we can just go buy it and need not wait for a holiday to do so. Then everybody gets what they really want. We did decide to buy new cordless phones for the house after Christmas, as current ones are beginning to "crap out" We will be exchanging gifts with DD, son-in-law and granddaughters tomorrow, so it won't feel so hum-buggy! :)

It's the Oxo Hand Mixer. Fairly clever. The beaters come off so you can wash them. The top assembly pops off so it can go in the dishwasher. And it's scaled smaller so it fits in a drawer.
Oh, yeah I know exactly what it is! Our nephew got one from the fire hall and loves it. He is team leader for Search and Rescue (a butcher by trade) and a darn fine cook. Our niece is a paramedic so he often goes and cooks at the station and they all love him for it. It's a small town so S&R, Fire and Ambulance headquarters are all in one building!

A relatively light cooking related year this year. I received "The Kimchi Chronicles" cookbook, a small silicone spatula, and a small clear glass teapot to display (and serve) flowering teas.
Oh yeah, also a $10 gift card to our local cooking store. I won that in a spice naming contest on Facebook. I correctly identified "Grains of Paradise" as the mystery spice in the photo.

Last edited:
It was quite a christmas for cooking gear for me.

I got a couple 9x3" cheesecake pans
41WBfbHGkNL._AA300_.jpg

a presto foldaway griddle
413RYDW8ZML._SL500_AA300_.jpg

a Tassimo coffee maker (really kinda cool!) a surprise from my mom, she was so excited to give it to us!
41rXs7pQABL._AA300_.jpg

Cookbooks, "Artisan bread in 5 minutes a day" "Good Eats 3 The Later years" and some assorted cooking gadgets from my mom.

My mom found some crochet dish cloths that she had packed away, they were the last ones that my grandmother made in the nursing home before she died 12 years ago, I will treasure these forever!

Back
Top Bottom