"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 01-24-2007, 05:09 PM   #11
Assistant Cook

I use to live there; for a couple of years and be warned--when the zooloo float comes by throwing coconuts--don't get hit in the mouth like my girlfriend did and knocked loose her tooth. But try and get one because they are a valuable keep sake and you can sell one if you want to. Take a huge bag to hold all your beads and coins in. Don't drink a lot because going to the bathroom will be difficult. I have no clue what it will be like there after Katrina. I don't know if the parades will be as fantastic or not. Have an oyster poor boy for me. I suppose it will be really outlandish, it was years ago when I lived there. Since you have been there before, I think you pretty much know what to expect for the most part. Have you ever gone way over to the west bank and the down to LaFeate to the docks for fresh crab and shrimp? They have (or use to have) smaller parades on the west bank too. Have fun........

Old 01-24-2007, 06:32 PM   #12
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeraBlue
There are 7 that I am aware of during the days we are visiting, and probably more than that! When Lou and I were there for St. Patrick's day, I had so many throws around my neck that it was difficult to stand up straight! Who needs a kid? Just wink and smile pretty
Dear VeraBlue,

We must have caught the give it to the cute kid parade-----we had college kids begging us to RENT our 3 year old dragon costumed daughter to them (family parade on the West Bank) because she was taking in so much loot.---we should have had you with us instead----my husband's neck was killing him after 3 hours of having her sit on his shoulders!!!!!!!!!!! Have a great time and give them your cutest smile!!!!!!

Old 01-24-2007, 09:30 PM   #13
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by expatgirl
Dear VeraBlue,

We must have caught the give it to the cute kid parade-----we had college kids begging us to RENT our 3 year old dragon costumed daughter to them (family parade on the West Bank) because she was taking in so much loot.---we should have had you with us instead----my husband's neck was killing him after 3 hours of having her sit on his shoulders!!!!!!!!!!! Have a great time and give them your cutest smile!!!!!!
Maybe I'll just open wide and show them my fangs! Who doesn't love a vampyre in the French Quarter??
Old 01-25-2007, 02:50 AM   #14
Master Chef

LOL!!!!! Go for it VeraVamp!!!!!!!