Anyone have an iPad?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Nice.
I bought one for my sister for Christmas, but all she has ever tells me is, I read another book, lol. I don't really know the inner workings of it.
I think I'll pick one up for myself. I don't think I have the need for an iPad, especially if they are lacking in the reading capabilities, but a Kindle would be nice.

I decided I needed a Kindle when I realized that most of the weight in my luggage when we travel is books! LOL! I pack lightly when it comes to clothes, but I NEED my books.

I don't have an iPod touch or an iPad yet. I will likely end up getting an iPad at some point, again for travelling. I love my MacBook but it is a bit heavy.

Here's a shot from Kubrick's 1968 film, 2001 A Space Odyssey

Attachments

• ipad.2001.jpg
    ipad.2001.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 179
I have a laptop, a Kindle and a Tracphone. It's all I really need. The Tracphone makes and takes phone calls.

I also have Yelp! and Chowhound apps on my ipod. Their mobile apps are easy to navigate too.

I have yelp on both my iPhone and iPad and love it. It's one of my favorite and most used apps. I do not see the chowhound app anywhere though.

We both have iPads and iPhones. DH got his when they were released early last mine and I got mine on a charity auction at Christmas. I had an iPod touch that I sold. While I still have a laptop for work, I can't imagine life without my iPad. I use it for everything ... City council meetings, student observations, cruising the web, movies, music, etc. We also received apple tv for Christmas so we can stream from our iPads to the tv (tv, music, and movies). DH has a cook book on his that we use a lot, sorry, I can't think of the name of the app and he has his at a Lion's meeting. I'll get it when he gets home. I will say, reading books is harder than I thought but it is nice for storing PDF files, either recipes or knitting patterns.

I've been considering an iPad, think I will see what people think of the new version. I bought my iPhone last fall to take on our Yellowstone vacation/holiday instead of a laptop. I was due for a new phone and it worked really well for us while traveling, used it lots to gather internet info on sites, maps, camping places and points of interest. I also now text with it, something I didn't do with my old phone. Funny thing is I have only used it as a phone about a dozen times! Lol!

Sent from my iPhone using Cooking

It's funny that they omitted to post camera specs on the new ipad2. I hope it's not the same low res camera as the current ipod touch, which is not good especially when viewed on the bigger ipad2 screen. The ipod touch takes great video though and I believe the new ipod2 has the same video spec.
The iphone has a good camera, hope they installed that in the new ipod2.

I was't too impressed by the spec's on the new ipad. I never got to use the old ipad to it's extent, so I'm not sure how the dual core processor works in comparison. It does look a little bit better though. I always thought it would be nice for cooking, having the recipe out on the counter.

That Motorola pad I just saw advertised is looking pretty shnazzy, too.

I've cooked with the recipe showing on my laptop before. It was nice. I could walk over to the kitchen table and I had the screen opened up to easily be viewable. I sure wouldn't have wanted it on my little kitchen counter... or to be using my finger to scroll the screen... or having to lean or prop it up just so.
Give me a printed recipe stuck to the side of my over-the-stove microwave with a magnet any day. I'm old school that way. I can see me getting something like this some day, but not as a cooking tool.

The computer is fun, I like the search and enjoy having things at my fingertips. But, I still like a recipe that I don't have to worry about spilling grease on or splashing with sauce, let alone knocking into the dishwater.

The computer is fun, I like the search and enjoy having things at my fingertips. But, I still like a recipe that I don't have to worry about spilling grease on or splashing with sauce, let alone knocking into the dishwater.

Ziplocs are amazing. I get razzed about putting my Kindle in a ziploc all the time until I point out the chip dip, coffee and wine that I've spilt on it recently!

Ziplocs are amazing. I get razzed about putting my Kindle in a ziploc all the time until I point out the chip dip, coffee and wine that I've spilt on it recently!

Good idea, Thanks! I just give people "the look" when they hold their sticky hands out wanting to look at my Kindle. They are lucky I don't make them wash and glove up!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom