Anyone interested ...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
We have been slowly working our way through two complete series DVD sets I gave SO for Christmas, Doc Martin and All Creatures Great and Small. It is great seeing all the episodes and seeing them all in the proper order.

I just finished watching the Dr. Martin series last week. I liked it. A little weird here and there, but a great series.

I just finished watching the Dr. Martin series last week. I liked it. A little weird here and there, but a great series.

Have you watched Big Bang Theory on TV? I'd like to put Dr. Sheldon Cooper from that show and Doc Martin together in a room and see them stare suspiciously at one another. It's nice to see weirdness written into successful (and entertaining) TV characters.

I enjoy Big Bang Theory. They all crack me up...mostly because I know guys just like them.

Downton redux -- what a jarring turn to the way of life that period of time was for the fortunate, privileged, landed folk. And this excellent treatment that we get to watch unfold is so well done and thought provoking. The casting, IMO, could not be better -- Daisy and William's wedding in the episode just past was so poignant.

Will Mary marry at all? Stay tuned, right, Addie?

I am absolutly hooked. According to the interview, Mary and William get together in the end. And I had a news clip that Shirley McLaine has joined the cast as Countess's mother from America. She has some go-arounds with the Dowerger Countess. It is gettin so good. :ohmy:

I am absolutly hooked. According to the interview, Mary and William get together in the end. And I had a news clip that Shirley McLaine has joined the cast as Countess's mother from America. She has some go-arounds with the Dowerger Countess. It is gettin so good. :ohmy:

Now that sounds like fodder for some real fireworks. Shirley McLaine and Maggie Smith -- whoda thought?

Don't tell me William & Mary get together, run off to America, and found a university....;)

Now that sounds like fodder for some real fireworks. Shirley McLaine and Maggie Smith -- whoda thought?

Don't tell me William & Mary get together, run off to America, and found a university....;)

Good one. ;)
In the clips of future shows, it shows Mary pushing a wheelchair.

Have you watched Big Bang Theory on TV? I'd like to put Dr. Sheldon Cooper from that show and Doc Martin together in a room and see them stare suspiciously at one another. It's nice to see weirdness written into successful (and entertaining) TV characters.

No, I haven't seen that series yet. I have no regular TV service. I only have NetFlix, which is plumbed to my TV via HDMI. The Big Bang series is available on NetFlix by mail. I may request it later.

The Big Bang Theory is hilarious. And no violence!!! It can be done.

I love your theory of putting the Doc and Sheldon in th same room. :wacko::wacko:

Good one. ;)
In the clips of future shows, it shows Mary pushing a wheelchair.

Well, it would have been a better joke if it hadn't just now hit me that I think we're mistaken -- it's Cousin Matthew she's longing for, isn't it? Matt 'n Mary U. -- not so much. :rolleyes:

So the big newspaper man is going to be out, huh?

Well, it would have been a better joke if it hadn't just now hit me that I think we're mistaken -- it's Cousin Matthew she's longing for, isn't it? Matt 'n Mary U. -- not so much. :rolleyes:

So the big newspaper man is going to be out, huh?

Sometimes it is hard to keep the characters right. William is the one who married Daisy and then died. I think Masterpeice has a penchant for the name Daisy. There was a maid in U&D stairs. And a couple of other shows. Or maybe the English are just fond of the name because it is easy to remember. :huh:

Addie said:
The Big Bang Theory is hilarious. And no violence!!! It can be done.

I love your theory of putting the Doc and Sheldon in th same room. :wacko::wacko:

Did anyone else see last week, where Raj fell in love with Siri, the voice activated search engine on IPhone? Totally hilarious!

Did anyone else see last week, where Raj fell in love with Siri, the voice activated search engine on IPhone? Totally hilarious!

Oh yeah! That was hysterical! I'm busy watching reruns of it on TNT because I missed it the first time around.

Big Bang Theory is probably my favorite sitcom right now. Actually, when he retired, I turned over the TV to my husband and pretty much bury myself in books. Only watch when he has something on that interests me, and I love this one.

Doc Martin is also a favorite, so I can just see the two together. Maybe we could throw in Monk.

Thank heaven for Netflix

Big Bang Theory is probably my favorite sitcom right now. Actually, when he retired, I turned over the TV to my husband and pretty much bury myself in books. Only watch when he has something on that interests me, and I love this one.

Doc Martin is also a favorite, so I can just see the two together. Maybe we could throw in Monk.

Thank heaven for Netflix

What a threesome! :LOL::LOL::LOL:

Hooray for the pairing of Netflix & BBC. Last night I saw Disc 1 of BBC's The Impressionists via Netflix. What beautiful cinematography. The times (late 19th, early 20th century) are brought to life, showing then-Paris and the artists as young men, trying to survive while turning the art world on its ear. A wonderful effect they use is setting up a scene to recreate an actual painting of Monet, Manet, Renoir, Degas -- then showing the painting itself. A really nice effect. But I do go on -- sorry -- I just get carried away with how much I love those BBC productions.

What, no comments about last week's Downton happenings? So different from regular old soaps. You could skip weeks at a time and still keep up. (I did watch them when my kids were babies -- a couple hundred years ago -- pure desperation.) It's just too bad if you miss a couple of DAs, not necessarily because you get confused, but because every scene is so good.

i wonder if hugh bonneville minds that in the opening credits of "downton abbey", his name shows up next to a dog's butt?

I had to wait until Monday afternoon to watch it. My cable company is installing new wiring throughout different areas. We lost our signal for 1.5 days and Sunday happened to one of the days. I finally called them on Monday and it took about 20 minutes for them to restore my signal. I was p.o. big time. But I did get two days off my bill. So the first thing I did was look to see when DA was going to repeat. We have three PBS channels to watch from. I didn't have too long to wait. It was only one hour.

There are two more shows left in this season. And in the interview the writers said that Mathew and the oldest daughter Mary get together. Come to think of it they didn't say if it was going to be this season though. :ermm:

i wonder if hugh bonneville minds that in the opening credits of "downton abbey", his name shows up next to a dog's butt?

Maybe that falls under the heading of "There is no bad publicity except your own obituary." (quote from Brendan Behan)

So, we're finished w/Downton, are we? I guess all's well......

No, that was only Season Two. Shirley McLaine will be introduced as Cora mother's from America. She goes head to head with Maggie Smith. And we have to find out if Mr. Bates gets out of prison. And what about Thomas, the footman? He is still up to his old tricks. Daisy has to ask for her raise and promotion to Assistant Cook. And Robert's sister is still looking to get married. And will Mary's scandalous behavior hit the headlines? Then there is the wedding for Mary and Mathew. Cora wants to go to Dublin and bring her daughter, the baby and the chauffeur back home. That is going to be Season 3's cliffhanger. It is 1920. The time of the Easter Rebellion in Ireland. Will Cora get caught in it when she goes to Ireland to bring her daughter and grandchild home? Robert's world is changing all around him. And he doesn't like change. And what about Daisy and William's father? Will she be the daughter he wants? So many loose ends and questions unanswered.

So no. We are not finished with Downton Abby. :chef:

Back
Top Bottom