Anyone see Gordon Ramsay's new show?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

chave982

Senior Cook
"Kitchen Nightmares"...restaurants that are falling apart, and Chef Ramsay comes in and basically acts as a consultant to turn the business around. I saw one episode and I'm hooked...you should see the shape some of these restaurants are in!

No, haven't seen the show. However, Buck and I don't usually look at any TV until at least 8 or 8:30 p.m. this time of the year. Don't have any clue about what's new that is on this year. Is this program on the Food channel?

No, haven't seen the show. However, Buck and I don't usually look at any TV until at least 8 or 8:30 p.m. this time of the year. Don't have any clue about what's new that is on this year. Is this program on the Food channel?

It's on Fox on Wednesdays @ 9-10pm

I just got done watching it and I'm definitely hooked, too! Last week he was pretty easy on those folks but tonight, he was in fine form. It's such a cool show.

I just got done watching it and I'm definitely hooked, too! Last week he was pretty easy on those folks but tonight, he was in fine form. It's such a cool show.

Yea I just watched last night's episode..I can't believe a restaraunt would serve rotting food to customers. Makes me wonder what some of the restaraunts I go to are like "behind the scenes".

It's also funny how the General Manager will just "pass the buck" onto everybody else. If you're the GM, you're responsible for EVERYTHING!

Chef

We watch him on a cable show that is filmed in different locations, other than the states. Always mentions the area but who remembers the details. I'll never get to eat there. Anyway, he feels the way a person should be about serving food. Very disciplined and clean. I believe he has two restaurants here in the states. He really is motivater and doesn't worry about who he insults but he means it for their own good. I personally like someone who tells it like it is. Not everyone feels this way I know. He also uses crude language, I believe it is to impress them about what he says. The show is much better on cable. Must have something to do with the filming that they do. Glad you like it too.

" He also uses crude language, I believe it is to impress them about what he says. "

I think he does it for "shock value". I find it gets to be a bit much after awhile. It really amazes me how some of these people stay in business. I think they are so deep into it, that they can't see the forest for the trees.

Shock

Lorraine, you are absolutely right! Exactly the way you would feel about your own meal. What I question now, is when I eat in restaurant what goes on in their kitchen. I doubt whether people really care as long as they don't have to prepare it. Most people do not think cooking is interest ing. Chef does! I doubt whether I would want him watching me prepare meal. Not in this small kitchen. I do care if there are flies in the house and food on the floor would be eaten by the dogs before I could serve it.

Most people get turned off by his language. I agree with you 'shock value'!

I caught the end of the episode with the Italian restaurant in NY. That owner was such a dope. He deserves to be out of business.

:)I like the show he just tells it like it is.Its all just common sense after all.But I think some restaurants the employees are just a bunch of slackers.There are alot of people who cook to make a pay check and really dont care those are the ones that will spend more energy trying to not do any work especially the staying clean part.I for one cant work in a dirty kitchen it makes it too hard to concentrate .I think you need to like to cook if you want to work in a kitchen and I dont care if its a diner or an upscale place.I even expect the dishwashers to take pride in their work.It only takes one slacker to throw off the whole flow in the kitchen not to mention really ticking off your co-workers.People like that should get the boot.

OMG, the part I liked best last night was when he walked them all over to his own NY restaurant and let them tour the kitchen, which was spotless!!! I always worry about the kitchen in restaurants where I eat. Actually, I've noticed that I gravitate toward places that have a kitchen open to the diners. I mean really, how can we know how the foods we are served are stored or what conditions they are prepared in?

I like his show and I like Hells Kitchen. There is something about him that makes for compeling television. I think he would be even more effective if he toned down the language.

I missed last night's episode, but, I did see the first and I just like Ramsey! I never thought I would like him at all with the previews of ****'s Kitchen, but, my oldest son came over and put it on one night and we were hooked!!
I think this is interesting. Is it the same restaurant from last night? What I can seem to believe in this, what owner of a restaurant, in there in right mind would ALLOW pretending to find rotten food and things like this. This guy doesn't have a leg to stand on. I know that there is going to be actors to make the place look full. I thought that on the first show, but, the rest, know way is that fake. Why would someone allow them to fake it when it can ruin there business forever?

As a restaurant owner I have seen many restaurants where the tone of the restaurant reflected in employee attitudes which are tainted by ineffective, incompetent, indecisive and corrupt management and owners. Competent and enthusiastic employees can be turned by management that does not take the job seriously in terms of customer care, food quality, cleanliness and consideration for customers and employees.

I can believe that the employees at Peter's (last week's Italian restaurant) and Dillion's aka Purnima (this week's Indian restaurant) were all overjoyed at the changes to management that Chef Ramsey instituted. The physical changes in menu, kitchen and dining room were all very dramatic and welcome, but the management changes were necessary for continuity of the business. The kitchen staff seemed to be able to prepare high quality food given fresh ingredients and the new menu. The service staff were most anxious to keep the diner's happy with good service and good food which returns bigger tips.

People all want to be able to take pride in their work which gives their self esteem a tremendous boost. I've worked with restaurant managers like Peter and Martin and the fastest and most effective way to turn a restaurant around is get rid of them. Tough love is the best way to run a restaurant and the example for high standards and quality is set at the top.

Great show.

:)Guess what?Gorden just got 2 more Micheline(sp?) Stars to his restaurant in New York and the judge on Top Chef cant think of his name lost one star.Ha Ha.

Last edited:
I caught the show tonight and it was really good. Looks like the honeymoon is over though because Chef Ramsey is swearing as bad as ever. My son and I spent a lot of time trying to figure out what the heck he was actually saying because about half of what came out of his mouth tonight was bleeped! Still, he did a nice turn around for that lovely old restaurant. (Too bad the owner sold out within months of the taping of the show.)

Good show tonight, but I too was disappointed that the owner sold the restaurant after all that work. I think he should have kept it in the family after all those years since his father started the restaurant. Love the show though, very interesting.

I like all Chef Ramsey's shows. I haven't seen the ones
with the restaurants in the States, just England, Scotland
and Wales. Some of the chefs are in their "niche" and
don't want to change. You would think they would want
to do something new instead of the same old things.

Good show tonight, but I too was disappointed that the owner sold the restaurant after all that work. I think he should have kept it in the family after all those years since his father started the restaurant. Love the show though, very interesting.

Ditto! Don't you just wonder how he feels after putting everything you got into trying to help someone and they turn around and don't appreciate it? Guess he is used to thing being a chef and not having people like his food. Lot of grief there I am sure. The mother just didn't seem to support or suggest anything to her son. Thought he should know how. He did not have understanding of control.

I often wonder how people feel about going to restaurants if they watch his show? It sure makes me appreciate the fact I know how to cook and have choice whether to go out or just be safe. Wonder what Chef would say about my kitchen? Not always spotless the way he wants things. I just know my food is not dirty or worse, spoiled!

Back
Top Bottom