Anyone Try Doritos X-13D's?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

candelbc

Senior Cook
Being the poster boy for Suckers when it comes to new products in the grocery store, I picked up a bag of Doritos X-13D. For those of you who have not seen it, it's basically a test flavor that you are supposed to try and identify the flavor, and then afterwards, help the Doritos brand name the flavor.

If you plan on trying these and want it to be a surprise, stop reading this now...

So, if you did try it, what did you think of it? I took the bag to work, and 20 out of 20 people said exactly the same thing for what they thought it was..

What did you think it tasted like?

-Brad

kleenex said:
From what I saw at another website they taste like a McDonalds Cheeseburger.

No they actually taste like a spicy salsa chip. Not sure about the duritos X-13D though.

Doritos X-13D showed up on our shelves about eight years ago. They were a puffed hollow shell Dorito. Nothing was unique about the flavor.

We filed them in the folder with bloopers like New Coke from the 70's.

The salsa nacho chips really are red. The cheesy nacho chips are good and seem a step up from the original nacho chip.

We eat more Sun Chips these days.

StirBlue said:
Doritos X-13D showed up on our shelves about eight years ago. They were a puffed hollow shell Dorito. Nothing was unique about the flavor.
You are thinking about a different Doritos chip StirBlue. I remeber the one you are thinking of. They were called 3D or something. The X-13D is brand new. They call it X-13D because they have not named it yet.

I have heard the same thing about it being a Mc'D's cheesburger. I am not sure if I would want a chip that tastes like that.

Well, it's not that they are great, and you definitely can't eat a lot in a sitting. But, I am sure there is a crowd somewhere who relish a McDonalds Cheeseburger enough to eat them constantly. I can only eat about 2 at a time..

One thing that I have found interesting is how different people notice a specific flavor.. Some people notice the mustard, some the pickle, some the grill flavor.. I tasted the pickle first personally...

I am curious if anyone else has had them yet..

-Brad

OK I broke down and bought a bag today. They really do taste exactly like a Mickey D's cheeseburger. I definitely taste pickle as the primary flavor, but I also taste the rehydrated onion a lot too. My wife tasted tomato first.

I have to say they are better than I expected. I can't eat many and I probably would never buy them again, but they are not bad (in a weird way).

My wife kept using the word "amazing" Brad. She could not believe how accurate the flavor was.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom