Anyone use a Swiffer WetJet?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ug, hated the thing, not that it lasted that long before it broke anyway. Pads would fall apart quickly, left streaks and dirty behind. Good idea just too cheaply made to work properly.
I have a Hoover Floormate that I use on everything except the stairs. I like that you can fill the cleaning resivior twice before filling up the dirty water resivior. It also has several stages so first you can vacuum with it, then scrub with it, then pick up the excess water with it. We don't buy the cleaning solution, DW just makes her own and we use that, although many times I will just use plain ol hot water with nothing else in it. I love that it doesn't leave anything behind, even streaks.
You do have to keep it clean though, and I can't seem to find its air filter anywhere around here.

Thinking out loud... with 1000 sq ft to clean, have you thought about a Scooba? I have not tried it as yet, but have been very pleased with the Irobot (roomba). (Bought one on ebay, & another w a 20% off coupon for Linens 'n Things.) You might have to change/empty? the cleaning solution? one time for a larger than standard size floor. Not sure.

iRobot Corporation: How Scooba Works

Re the Swifter, there are some coupons, if anyone is interested:

Swiffer Promotions

Looks interesting. I'll have to investigate? Anyone here actually use it?

I have a Hoover Floormate that I use on everything except the stairs. I like that you can fill the cleaning reservoir twice before filling up the dirty water reservoir. It also has several stages so first you can vacuum with it, then scrub with it, then pick up the excess water with it. We don't buy the cleaning solution, DW just makes her own and we use that, although many times I will just use plain ol hot water with nothing else in it. I love that it doesn't leave anything behind, even streaks.

We also have a FloorMate, Buddy. Love it. Better than using a mop and bucket. Always have clean solution on the floor. I, too, don't use their solutions. Just Mr. Clean liquid (blue). The instructions say not to use anything that's "pine" and I have a feeling that's because pine could cause the workings to deteriorate.

Yes, it does have to be kept clean but I always clean it after each use. I don't know what I'd do without it.

I had one and agree with GB. It wasn't all it was cracked up to be. The slate tiles in my foyer are uneven and the swiffer never cleaned them well. My white kitchen floor always looked dingy after using the wet jet too. I donated mine to the church garage sale and do not regret it one bit. I use the dry pads to pick up the dog hair and the wet pads to do quick mop jobs when I spill. I'm considering the Hoover Floormate. It's a floor scrubber similar to a carpet cleaner.
:) I just got one a couple of weeks ago I love it it works great and sucks up the water really well, I also learned you don't hafto to use their cleaning formula if you don't want but use a vinegar water solution I will try that next.
You can go to Amazon and look them up and read the reviews on the different models they cost around $100.00 but what you save on the Swiffer pads it will pay for it's self in no time. Plus no batteries but a fairly long electric cord.

:) I just got one a couple of weeks ago I love it it works great and sucks up the water really well, I also learned you don't hafto to use their cleaning formula if you don't want but use a vinegar water solution I will try that next.
You can go to Amazon and look them up and read the reviews on the different models they cost around $100.00 but what you save on the Swiffer pads it will pay for it's self in no time. Plus no batteries but a fairly long electric cord.
I use the vinegar and water solution in mine and it works great. I think I paid about $150 for mine almost 2 years ago so I'm glad to see it's coming down in price.

Looks interesting. I'll have to investigate? Anyone here actually use it?
I don't have personal experience with it but I have an acquaintance who has one and she says she's very happy with it. She's pretty well off financially so has a very large house and is very particular about how it looks ie: the public areas always look spotless. She also fosters dogs that come inside - sometimes as many as 10! She runs her Scooba daily to keep up with dirty pawprints, etc. I've considered getting one because if she's happy with hers, I'm pretty sure I'd be happy with one, too. HTH

I have often wondered about those scoobas, but can't help but imagine the Beagle attacking it whenever it came round her... or the kids wanting to play with it and instead end up braking it.

lol, I must be living in the bizzaro world....
While I have no real complaints about the Swiffer, I sent my Floormate back and wrote a nasty review :ermm:
I bought one for the office area at work. The only thing it did good was suck the water off the floor. It might be OK at keeping a clean floor clean, but it won't get a semi-dirty floor clean. I did a better job using one of those hand mops with a brush on the other side.
Just goes to show you .....

What really does the job on all my ceramic tile floors is my Steam Mop. The tank gets filled with tap water, there is a reusable heavy terry cloth pad on the bottom which can be tossed in the washer, so no additional costs. It cleans with hot steam and NO chemicals. I love this thing.

What really does the job on all my ceramic tile floors is my Steam Mop. The tank gets filled with tap water, there is a reusable heavy terry cloth pad on the bottom which can be tossed in the washer, so no additional costs. It cleans with hot steam and NO chemicals. I love this thing.

Now that sounds like something worth looking into! :smartass: Is electricity or batteries that it runs on?

While I have no real complaints about the Swiffer, I sent my Floormate back and wrote a nasty review :ermm:
I bought one for the office area at work. The only thing it did good was suck the water off the floor. It might be OK at keeping a clean floor clean, but it won't get a semi-dirty floor clean. I did a better job using one of those hand mops with a brush on the other side.
No, I think it has more to do with the type of cleaning you need to do, the size of your floorspace, what type of floors you have, how often you clean your floors, and personal preference.

I'm better of with Rubermaid's antimicrobial mop that I get at HomeDepot along with Lysol multipurpose cleaner.

Hang on Picanis, I will see if I can get ahold of YT. Hopefully with his science knowledge we can get you back thru the worm hole from bizzaro world and safe here with us!!:LOL:

I also had the Clorox Ready Mop at one time, but it had a horrible spray pattern that left some of the floor with no cleaner and other parts with cleaner pooled on it.:wacko:

The Swiffer at least was better than that. Maybe I just had bad luck with mine. The first one leaked into the batteries and ruined that. The second one the mop head snapped right off.:ohmy:

Or maybe I am just an appliance abuser and need to enroll in a 12 step program?:boxing:

Sattie, my steam mop has a long cord that swivels and is easy to rewind. The head swivels so it goes anywhere. Only cost is the little bit of electricity it uses.

Sorry your experience with the FloorMate was unsatisfactory. We've had ours for quite a few years and love it.

I use it to clean all our floors, some with kitty "hurl." If you have cats, you know what I mean. Sorry.

The FloorMate does a thorough job and much better than I was doing on my hands and knees. Scrubs beautifully and dries perfectly. All we have are wood floors.

That's what I meant by just goes to show you.
Everything either works well or poorly, depending on a lot of variables/conditions.
I was even putting foot pressure on that floormate with nary a dirt smudge being picked up. Whip out the hand mop and started packing the floormate back up.

I too see some kind of "sheen" left over when using the Swiffer, but for what I use it for and where, it works just fine :cool:

Last edited:
Sattie, my steam mop has a long cord that swivels and is easy to rewind. The head swivels so it goes anywhere. Only cost is the little bit of electricity it uses.

Thanks for clarifying.... I love the fact that it does not use chemicals!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom