Anyone use a Swiffer WetJet?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I think it is a waste of money for what it is. Agree with babe... buying those expensive refills is nonsense.

I use one, but am not crazy about it. The pads get dirty real quick and then I feel like I am just pushing dirt around. For small areas it is OK, but for larger areas like what you will be using it for you will be going through pads pretty quickly.

I had one and agree with GB. It wasn't all it was cracked up to be. The slate tiles in my foyer are uneven and the swiffer never cleaned them well. My white kitchen floor always looked dingy after using the wet jet too. I donated mine to the church garage sale and do not regret it one bit. I use the dry pads to pick up the dog hair and the wet pads to do quick mop jobs when I spill. I'm considering the Hoover Floormate. It's a floor scrubber similar to a carpet cleaner.

Funny you should mention it. I acidentally picked up their vacuum broom, thinking it was the wet jet. When I went to their site & watched the videos/demos, saw you have to buy batteries & keep buying their product (refill wipes). Not worth it, for me.

Thanks everyone.

I guess I'll just pass on it then. It looks like they get you for the pads and then for the cleaner, and then you need batteries too.

I love my little dry swifter, it does a great job on dust and dog hair. I have a 16 lb short haired Chihuahua, and he sheds like crazy.

But he's such a sweet boy..........:LOL:

...I guess I'll just pass on it then. It looks like they get you for the pads and then for the cleaner, and then you need batteries too.

That was my impression, as well. Think I will pack mine up & get a refund. My Irobot picks up all the dust etc. anyhew.

I have one of the original ones, which I use for my kitchen. It's OK. I never purchased refill cleaning solution, preferring to use a mixture of white vinegar and water. If I need stronger cleaning solution, I have a spray bottle that has a detergent solution which I spray on the floor as I'm mopping. I didn't especially care for the swiffer brand cleaning solution - it seemed to leave a residue behind. Also, instead of their disposable pads, I use a microfiber cloth, which I can wash and I purchased from Sam's in a big bundle for ~10. The original wet jet had 4 little rubber openings on the top of the "business end" which was the method for fastening a cleaning pad. I think the newer ones have a velcro type bottom to attach the pads to. I don't know if the microfiber cloths would work with the newer ones. Sooo that's a long story but for me, the bottom line is it's very convenient and quick since I don't use the branded consumables.

Jabbur, I also have a Floormate. It's a very good machine and cleans well and I use it for heavy floor cleaning. It's less convenient that a wet jet because you have a fairly small cup for the dirty water and a fairly large cup for the cleaning solution. There is also a filter. You must clean the dirty water chamber and the filter pretty much every time. Also, if you are cleaning a large area, you will have to stop and empty the cup and refill the solution several times. That said, the scrubbing brushes work very well and it really does vacuum up the water well - the floor is almost dry immediately after cleaning. My mother and daughter both have one because they can use it on their Pergo-type floors since it sucks up all the cleaning water so effectively. But it isn't quite as quick and trouble-free to use as their marketing might imply.

HTH

Not a fan. I used it for little spills but not to clean the floor, I think it just pushes dirt around and leaves the floor sticky with the cleaner stuff.
I threw it away when we sold our last house.

I like mine for getting muddy paw prints off the linoleum floor, or if I see a spill that has dried, but yeah, what GB said. They need an improvement on their pads.
Since that's all I use it for though, I've had the same cleaning solution bottle in it and same pad for three years now.

It is okay and yes the refills get pricy. I really don't like the strong smell of it though.

I didn't especially care for the swiffer brand cleaning solution - it seemed to leave a residue behind.

I found the exact same thing. The floor felt sticky and didn't look clean. I ended up rewashing the floors after I used the Wet Jet the first time. It was a wait of $$. I get better results with a bucket, a good sponge mop and good old Mr Clean. :)

I got one when it first came out with one of those introductory offer coupons... used it once and tossed it. I didn't like the chemical smell of the stuff that is in the cloths that cleans the floor... and I didn't like how my tile looked afterwards, either. I ended up on hands and knees to get the stuff off my floors. :ohmy:

That is one thing I hate about these so called "convenience" products, is that you have to keep buying re-fills for them all.

... It is for a large (1000 sq ft) tile floor.thanks.

Thinking out loud... with 1000 sq ft to clean, have you thought about a Scooba? I have not tried it as yet, but have been very pleased with the Irobot (roomba). (Bought one on ebay, & another w a 20% off coupon for Linens 'n Things.) You might have to change/empty? the cleaning solution? one time for a larger than standard size floor. Not sure.

iRobot Corporation: How Scooba Works

Re the Swifter, there are some coupons, if anyone is interested:

Swiffer Promotions

Last edited:
I love my Roomba too and have heard even better things about the scooba. I doubt it could do all 1000 sq ft in one go, but maybe it could do it on two.

I love my Roomba too and have heard even better things about the scooba. I doubt it could do all 1000 sq ft in one go, but maybe it could do it on two.

I'm so happy you like yours, GB. Couldn't be more pleased w Roomba/Irobot.

Here's what the site says re room size:

Scooba will clean a standard size kitchen on a single tank full of cleaning solution.

Any time I can use an appliance w the touch of a button & walk away, sign me up. I may have just taked myself into getting one. ;)

If only they made one for carpet cleaning...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom