Anyone watching American Idol? It's Beatles Night!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
So, the country girl, Kristy Lee Cook... already has a record contract and album.

On the Dolly Parton label?

Nothing wrong with that.

Sure , it was a train wreck. But it was interesting and fun.

I think part of the judges problem, and probably Americas too, is they view the Fab Fours songs as sacrosanct.

I was kind of annoyed that she was told to go more country and then slammed for it. I personally did not like what she did with the song, but only because I do not generally like that type of music. The whole time she was performing it I was thinking that while it is not my taste, I bet fans of that genre are loving it. She had a lot of personality in her voice I though. I was convinced the judges were going to love it.

Right on the money wart. I am 48 years old, and been a musician for 30+ years. I never have, and never will, understand peoples fascination with the Beatles.

I'm not saying they were'nt good, just that at the time that they broke, there was'nt a whole lot of variety in the genre. Granted, they opened a lot of doors, and some of their work is truly timeless, but since their debut, there have been hundreds, if not thousands, of artists/songwriters whose work exposes Beatles music for the simple, redundant pop that it is. And if you have really listened to all of their work (not just the radio hits) you can't deny that they have put out as much crap as anyone.

Lets face it-Burt Bacharach or Carole King could write "Beatles" music without breaking a sweat.:cool:

I think part of the judges problem, and probably Americas too, is they view the Fab Fours songs as sacrosanct.[/quote]

Don't forget the helium part :ROFLMAO:

I think the helium snipe was hyperbole.

Irt was a way of insulting someone (Kristy) then separating the person used to make the insult (Parton) from the snipe.

If anything Parton sounds like Kristy on Helium.

It goes back to what GB wrote, the fans of the genre were probably loving it (paraphrase).

Thing is, it's not what Idol is looking for, the market , I believe, would be too thin to make money from.

OTOH if Idol could make KELLY CLARKSON money off of Dolly Parton type music they would be singing a different tune.

Uhh, I am a fan of the "genre"... and Kristy's song sucked.
It was just bad. A cheesy remake, suitable for cruise ships
or karaoke.
bad bad bad yuck yuck yuck.

(watch her win and it hit #1 on the Billboard Country charts, LOLOLOL!)

I agree with the Beatles comment too... good, not great, timing was everything...

Dunno about Kelly making money on Dolly, but Reba McIntire (BIG country star)
is making tons on a remake of a Kelly Clarkson song. Kelly and Reba are doing duos
of it!

I wonder if the last guy's stripper past had anything to do with him being voted off??

Right on the money wart. I am 48 years old, and been a musician for 30+ years. I never have, and never will, understand peoples fascination with the Beatles.

Darn, I really have to get out of here. Lots to write, no time ....

Try this one on, They were our safe, acceptable "Dirty Friends".

A dirty friend is that person you don't admit to knowing when in polite company.

Yes, and they DID make some crap. All artists do.

Back
Top Bottom