"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 05-27-2007, 03:50 PM   #21
Head Chef

It's still pathetic. .50 Caliber? Enclosed hunting space? 8 shots with a hand cannon to kill it? god knows how many hours and how long it suffered?

Fatboy should go get a bow and arrow or a pack of dogs and a bowie knife if he wants to "hunt"

Old 05-27-2007, 03:58 PM   #22
Executive Chef

Never the less the hog was most likely baited meaning they feed him at the same place and same time everyday like an automatic deer feeder.Great hunting when you give a fat kid a great big gun as for chasing for 3 hours remember he had 2 guides and I doubt they were on foot for 3 hours most likely ATVs.I dont think by looking at that kid he has the stamina to walk for 3 hours.
I think its really iresponsable to give a minor such a huge pistol.Isn't it more common to let a kid shoot a BB gun when they are that young with a parent .Come on now and him killing his first deer at 5 years old.Good lord! what mother or father would allow this?

Old 05-27-2007, 04:01 PM   #23
Head Chef

Agreed..I'd like to have a few "words" with the kid in private when daddy wasn't around.
Old 05-27-2007, 04:13 PM   #24
Executive Chef

Wouldn't do any good that kid is so brainwashed and lives in a culture that considers killing fun just like those people who go out and shoot up rabbits and anything else that crosses their way and its done at night after so many beers.Believe me Ive seen it first hand and it was very upsetting to me.
To me a hunting preserve is a nice word for canned hunt.
Old 05-27-2007, 04:32 PM   #25
Executive Chef

Who are we to judge how someone else hunts or what instrument they choose to use?

Even though I agree with jpmcgrew's approach to hunting, that does not make us correct and the others' wrong.

I commend the child for getting out of the house and learning a life skill, instead of sitting in front of a TV or computer moniter.
Old 05-27-2007, 04:33 PM   #26
Executive Chef

Just in time for the Memorial Day weekend cookout!!

Don't even bother with franks, burgers or chicken. Just break out with the BBQ sauce and bread and let everyone go for themselves!!

Cook half now, and the other half on the Fourth of July!!
Old 05-27-2007, 04:47 PM   #27
Head Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by bethzaring
Who are we to judge how someone else hunts or what instrument they choose to use?

Even though I agree with jpmcgrew's approach to hunting, that does not make us correct and the others' wrong.

I commend the child for getting out of the house and learning a life skill, instead of sitting in front of a TV or computer moniter.
I'm one to judge. A fat lazy kid killed a large majestic animal for fun, then said it was "His biggest acomplishment ever."

Let's give the fattie a bow and arrow and drop him off in a real wilderness and see what he comes home with.

Killing for fun is sickening.
Old 05-27-2007, 05:03 PM   #28
Executive Chef

I also am to Judge I live on a ranch where their income it all about hunting and I work at another ranch thats all about hunting.There is an ethic amongst real hunters.That gun was way out of his league there are grown men that cant shoot a pistol that powerful.I dont hunt but I shoot guns I am a strong girl with hands as big as most men I couldnt shoot straight with a huge pistol Ive tried and I missed the target on the other hand regular sized pistols Im dead on.
Dh is a hunter our house is filled with animal mounts too many to mention including bears,mountain lions etc.And he has been a guide for years he is also the one that goes after the poachers here and works as a non commissiond game officer and works closely with Fish and Game.So I think I know a couple of thinks.
Old 05-27-2007, 05:18 PM   #29
Sous Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by bethzaring
I hardly commend him on shooting an innocent animal. he didn't shoot it for food, he didn't shoot it because it was harassing the town, he shot it for himself and the glory.
I honestly don't see how you can commend him on it.

Live Strong
SurvivorGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2007, 05:20 PM   #30
Head Chef

by the way, blowing a harmless animals head off in an enclosed space is hardly a "life skill". At least not where i come from.