"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 05-26-2007, 05:06 PM   #1
Executive Chef

AP: Boy Bags Wild Hog Bigger Than 'Hogzilla'

Boy Bags Wild Hog Bigger Than 'Hogzilla'

picture included.

BOY IS that a whole mess load of bacon on that hog

Old 05-26-2007, 05:20 PM   #2
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Location: I live in the Heartland of the United States - Western Kentucky
That is some huge piggie!!! They said they were make sausage out of part of him. They'll have sausage until the boy graduates from college.

Old 05-26-2007, 05:27 PM   #3
Head Chef

lol. it was an enclosed space. It's not like he was out hunting in the wild or something. I'm sure that little fat kid is proud he slaughtered a helpless animal for fun. I bet he'll have fun telling all of his friends about it?

Want to hunt animals for fun? Use a bow and arrow or knife. Don't put some animal in an enclosed space and then shoot it with a high powered weapon from a distance.

"It's a good accomplishment. I probably won't ever kill anything else that big."

Yeah. What a HUGE accomplishment! You slaughtered a helpless animal. I'm sure this will be the pinnacle of your achievments and offer you plenty of opportunity to reminisce while you pump gas at texaco.
Old 05-26-2007, 05:30 PM   #4
Head Chef

According to them it's a load of sausage. That will keep their freezer going for some time. And probably some friends' freezers too.

I bet the neighbors are glad to have it out of their back yards.

Wow, what a big pig! I wonder if there are any legends about that critter.

I haven't seen the original movie but it must be pretty scary.
Old 05-26-2007, 05:54 PM   #5
Executive Chef

wow, that kid chased that wild boar for 3 hours before finally bringing it down, what a story!

I live near a gaming preserve and wild boars do at times escape and end up in my neighborhood. But they do not last long, mighty good eating.
Old 05-26-2007, 06:42 PM   #6
The Dude Abides

Send a message via AIM to TATTRAT Send a message via Yahoo to TATTRAT Send a message via Skype™ to TATTRAT
Now that is a big boar!
Old 05-26-2007, 07:50 PM   #7
Sous Chef

farnkly i think that it's disgusting and he should be ashamed of himself. his father should also be ashamed of himself for allowing this.
I would never and never will congradulate him on his "acclomplishment" and he should not get any awards or whatever.
he should be thrown in jail for killing such a rare animal.

(sorry for ranting, I just don't agree with it at all!!)

Live Strong
SurvivorGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2007, 08:23 PM   #8
Executive Chef

A canned hunt for sure they get these animals including Elk etc feed them a diet to make them huge and then get big bucks for an easy kill.I and DH believe if your are a real hunter the animal should have a fair chance.DH is a major hunter and hunting guide but does not believe in a easy hunt all real hunters want to work for their animals.Its all about the experience whether you get an animal or not, its not about setting up creatures for an easy target alot of them are so used to seeing people since they are raised by people and dont fear people they are sitting ducks.I say shame on any one who will kill an animal in an enclosed area it's like shooting pigs in a really big pen.
Shame,Shame,Shame on them.
By the way the kid shot it 8 times with a 50 caliper pistol and then chased it 3 hours running for its life.DH said if he is such a great hunter the kid would have shot it once or twice and it should have dropped dead not 8 shots and just wounding.That is not hunting if you dont have the skills to hunt dont hunt.
Old 05-26-2007, 08:40 PM   #9
Executive Chef

By the way I live on a huge ranch that has alot of hunting Elk,Mule Deer,Turkeys etc but there is a hunters ethic and you just do not break that ethic.It is important to respect the animal you want to hunt much like alot of Native Americans believe.In Europe when they make a kill they dont pose in the picture smiling with their kill unlike most Americans do ,they are very humble about what just happened so they dont grin ear to ear because its dissrespectful to the animal.
Old 05-26-2007, 09:53 PM   #10
Sous Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpmcgrew
By the way I live on a huge ranch that has alot of hunting Elk,Mule Deer,Turkeys etc but there is a hunters ethic and you just do not break that ethic.It is important to respect the animal you want to hunt much like alot of Native Americans believe.In Europe when they make a kill they dont pose in the picture smiling with their kill unlike most Americans do ,they are very humble about what just happened so they dont grin ear to ear because its dissrespectful to the animal.
That is what i respect. thx for posting.

Live Strong
SurvivorGirl is offline   Reply With Quote