AP: Burger King ignites Spam war with rival

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I don't think that will catch on here, or at least I hope not. I don't think there is anything healthy at all about Spam.

There are some things much healthier than spam at both places...salads, low fat dressing, grilled chicken sandwiches, etc.

Spam is a huge staple in Hawaii and pretty much loved by everyone. If you lived in a couple southeastern states it would be the equivalent of livermush. For the rest of the country it may be the equivalent of country ham. Fast food places have been putting "local" things on their menu as far back as I can remember. When I was a child I was surprised to see red beans and rice on a McDonald's menu - but then again that was in Miami. So this really doesn't come as a surprise - it comes more of a surprise that they haven't done it before now.

Not a huge junk food fan at all. I actually like spam (of the canned variety) when it is pan seared and served with my eggs for breakfast, but again I hardly ever eat anything that is fatty, it's simply a treat now and then.

"Spam "musubi" — a slice of Spam atop a block of rice and wrapped in seaweed "

Spam Sushi. Spamshi....sounds like it tastes.:ROFLMAO:

I like it, too, browned on toasted bread with mayo, mustard and lettuce. And BK doesn't have to be unhealthy. I occasionally get their hamburgers, which are broiled, with mustard, ketchup and pickles. Not a huge amount of fat or calories there. Believe it or not, I usually get two burgers and a milk, to avoid getting fries and a soft drink :)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom