Apologies...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MexicoKaren

Head Chef
With apologies to those of you who have been expecting answers to messages or threads, I am returning to the board after about a week's absence because of illness. DH and I have been in a sort of black hole for the last week, after eating some fresh cheese that we bought from a street vendor (I know, I know...stupid idea). It surely did taste good, though! But we have not been far from the bathroom for several days.:sick::sick::sick::sick::sick:

I have some correspondence with many of you to catch up on - poco a poco, I'll get caught up. Nice to be back among you!

Wow - how terrible!!!!! I am glad to see you back though. I wish you both the speediest full recovery!!!! I hope you can contact this vendor and just let them know that they need to practice a little safer food practices.

Oh gracias, mi amigos....next time he comes by (he goes from house to house with a basket of cheeses) I will assuredly let him know, e.g., "no mas queso, estamos muy enfermo."

Well, howdy do. Glad to have you back. I wasn't going to say anything this time. Last time I did, poof, I was wrong and you were here.
I thought maybe I missed a thread or something.

Sorry to hear you 2 were not well. Especially together, where one can't take care of the other. But misery loves company???-unless you have to fight for the bathroom!

Hope all is well, and remember to take it easy and stay hydrated. BEST...........................QS

glad to hear you are feeling better. sure does not sound like fun.

i made your brownies yesterday. as good as i remember. have been sick myself. but felt like something sweet so i made them. easy, quick and so wonderful.

again welcome back

babe:chef:

Missed you! Believe me, I KNOW perfectly well how those things GO! No fun. Sorry you wanted to trust someone and had to pay for it the hard way. Just thankful you are starting to feel like keeping in touch. Seems all the incentive and joy leaves when you experience something like this. With time you will be your old self. Good thing you have been member of this site and know that before this you attempted to prepare meals that were nourishing and protected your body from any kind of trauma. As I said, it will take time for your body to get back to normal. Just keep the fluids flowing.

Looking for your input in the days to come and wishing you and DH good health and better days again.

Montezuma's revenge is no fun at all, I neglected some advice and drank the water in old Mexico, no a thousand times no will I ever drink Mexican water again. It jusy aint healthy

You are all such good friends! Thanks so much for your good wishes. We are actually planning to eat some dinner tonight for the first time in many days. I simmered some chicken earlier today in water with seasonings, onions and garlic. I'll add some celery and carrots to the broth and also some noodles. Nice light dinner.

Dina - Muchas gracias, amiga. No problema. Nos sentimos mucho mejores hoy. No mas queso malo! (Disculpame - mi espanol es no bueno).

So glad you're feeling better..Don't worry about any posts, we all understand and are just glad you are on the mend.

kadesma

Karen - Glad you are back - Very sorry to hear about being sick. Bad food can make the worst kind of sick. Got on the wrong side of a Hot Pastrami sandwitch in a famous NYC deli one night. Haven't had one since.

Best wishes for a full andspeedy recovery.

AC

I guess that it had to happen - When I was in Mexico, I was introduced to Microban and told to use it on all veggies. Iwas just in Virginia for a week and saw it advertised there now. I guess as a follow on to the tomato / jalapeno thing.

Wow, we just ate some dinner and are feeling SO much better. Tomorrow, we're having company for brunch, so good thing we are feeling like human beings again. The culprit was some absolutely beautiful and delicious homemade queso panela, I think. We are usually pretty careful about what we eat and I am a bit OCD about cleanliness in food prep (degree in public health many moons ago). Another of the problems here is uncertain refrigeration history of items bought in stores, especially this time of year, when we have big storms and sporadic electrical outages. Ah well, paradise does have a few downsides...thanks again for all your kind words and good wishes.

Back
Top Bottom