Arby's to sell Venison in 17 locations for a VERY limited time offer..

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kleenex

Master Chef
Arby's takes a stab at venison sandwiches in select locations

The venison sandwich is "100% deer meat," with premium cut top and bottom round steaks from the hind quarter of the deer, according to Rob Lynch, Arby’s Brand President & Chief Marketing Officer.

Lynch said the company released the sandwich as part of “It’s Meats Season” campaign, which celebrates the start of hunting season.

"Bringing venison to our menu also allows us to continue to set ourselves apart from the competition when it comes to proteins," he said. "You simply can’t find this at other restaurant chains."

Only if this was national:chef::pig::pig::chef:

I read this myself recently and one of the places on the list is 10 minutes from where I work. So I may just head over there Friday for lunch.

I say go for it. This takes limited time item at a fast food joint to the next level.

Arby’s sells out of venison sandwich on first day in Nashville

Arby’s sells out of venison sandwich on first day in Nashville

"We stuck a nerve, in a good way, with hunters," said Luke DeRouen of Arby's, confirming that the Nashville location went through more than 250 sandwiches in 5 hours. "Some people drove from an hour away to try it," he said.

and.....

Arby's limited the sale to two sandwiches per customer, and after only an hour and 15 minutes on Saturday, the MetroCenter store had already sold 100.

Corey Smith, a local lunch customer, thought he would plunk down five bucks for a sandwich and give it a try. "It has good flavor, but it's a little tough," said Smith, who's no stranger to venison with a family of hunters.

My verdict: To be fair, most steak sandwiches are a bit toothsome, and I was pleasantly surprised to find this one more tender than expected. The flavor was good, and the tangy sauce worked to balance the meat, which had just a hint of gaminess. My my biggest complaint was with the texture, which was too mealy for my taste. Rating: 5 antler points (out of 8).

If you sell it they will come:chef::pig::pig::chef:

Back
Top Bottom