Are any of you hard of hearing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I also get that annoying "ringing-in-ear" sound. When I was a kid, I used to get excrutiating and painful earaches that sometimes just wouldn't stop! To the point where it often made me cry.

I ended up having to go to the hospital and the doc said that it was just a childhood illness that is usually outgrown. They DID go away though.
I live with tinnitus , sometimes it is worse than other times.

;) you know it!

Actually my hearing is not good, but it's not terrible...yet. The one real problem I have is that f there is any kind of noise at all in the background, I can't hear anything. Turn on the faucet to do the dishes, and I'm in a world of my own. TV on? forget it. Strange, but that's the way it is.

This might be kind of a touchy subject for some, and in no way am I trying to embarrass anyone here, but are you, a family member or a friend hearing impaired?

The other day at the school where I tutor the children, a boy who comes down to the library talks very loud to the point where his voice carries and is often ear-piercing! He often comes down with a classmate. They usually get along with each other, but on this particular day, this boy, he was just obnocious, rude, mean and nasty!!

He created quite a disturbance in the library, then he ran out into the hall behind the other boy while yelling out loud; "I got a gun! I got a gun!!".

I was totally shocked and appauled by this child. He could have caused the school to go into a lockdown!! No one gets out, no one gets in! For several hours!!

About twenty minutes had passed before his mom who is a teacher there came down and introduced herself to us and stated that her boy has a hearing problem! I quickly change my train of thought and felt so bad for the boy! I never even knew that he was hearing impaired. No one did. We were all shocked and dumb-founded! Then the question popped up; "Why has she not told anyone about her son's hearing problem before now?"

I talked to him and kindly asked him to be a little bit more quiet when he comes down. He said ok. We shook hands. He apolligized to everyone for his obnocious behavior. I told him that if he wants to talk to me about anything, he can. he said ok.

The poor thing!! No wonder he was talking so loudly! I just can't help feeling bad for him now! I hope he gets or is getting the help he needs.:ohmy:

did you ever find out why he yelled " I gotta gun" was he doing that just because or was he mad in some way.

It might have been, but not sure.

He probably was doing that and other stuff to get attention. Kids will do that if they think that they are being ignored or abandoned. It's probably their way of venting out their anger and frustrations.

I really wanted to see the boy and see how he is progressing, but he wasn't brought down to the library this week for reading at all. I wanted to just say hi to him and ask how things are going with him. He would have said; "Fine."

There IS however, one other child there who is just totally obnocious at times to the point where she is just so blasted annoying! She comes down when my little buddy does (they are in the same classroom). She picks on him and taunts him about his reading difficulties. She says things to him like; "I'm better than you. You can't read. You'll never be better than me. I know more than you." This is so blasted aggravating, and I've really gotten sick of it!

She doesn't have a hearing problem, but she is just annoying to me because she constantly puts MY student down! But then again, she JUST MIGHT have one, because I've asked her several times not to do that, but it seems like the next time they come down, she's right back at it again!!

She REALLY worked my nerves the other day!! My student was looking at one of those spinning globes in the library. He had it first. The girl kept on snatching it from him! This happened several times. One final time and I almost lost it to the point where I raised my voice a little.

I didn't hit her or threaten her in any way, but I'd just about had enough of her taunting and obnocious behavior and putting my little friend down all the time!! I realise that she is just a child, but I've already mapped her out. She loves to push peoples' buttons and boss them around to see how much she thinks she can get away with.

I later spoke to the coordinator about her. I asked him to have my student and I go in a separate room away from her. He agreed and said that he heard all what went on.

They came down the other day, and she went and got a game. My student went to get one as well. He did NOT want to read at first that day. He was angry and ticked off at her because he said she gets to play a game all the time and no reading, to which he's right!

But the coordinator and myself were finally able to convince him to read. So I think that she is just a bad influence on him. All I know is that I will NOT tolerate any more of her reckless ways and her putting my little friend down!!

I love him dearly, and he does not deserve to be treated like a piece of dirt by her!! I will not put up with her obnocious ways! When he's with me, I will not allow her to treat him like that. It's not right!

He might not be able to read too well, but he's MY friend and he's NOT a troublemaker at all. He's a sweet kind and caring little boy. She's the troublemaker! I know that some kids will be kids and that I shouldn't dislike them, but I just can't tolerate her.

Either she's going to get with the program, or my friend and I are NOT going to be in the same room with her!:mad:

Last edited:
I can't hear out of my left ear. Lost it when I was in my 20's. It messed my equilibrium up for about six months. I was walking around like I was drunk. I couldn't drive or do much of anything. My doctor told me years ago it was called an ear stroke and for the life of me I can't remember the medical term. I'm fine now, although I still can't hear.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom