Are Fruit Roll-Ups 'made with real fruit'? Lawsuit will decide

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It's certainly deceptive packaging!

Reminds me of the Polaner All Fruit jams. They tell you it's "all fruit" but they don't tell you it's not the fruit featured on the label. When I pick up a jar of blueberry jam, I expect the first fruit listed to be blueberries, not pear concentrate or apple juice or grapes or whatever other cheap fruit they use to sweeten instead of sugar.

It's certainly deceptive packaging!

Reminds me of the Polaner All Fruit jams. They tell you it's "all fruit" but they don't tell you it's not the fruit featured on the label. When I pick up a jar of blueberry jam, I expect the first fruit listed to be blueberries, not pear concentrate or apple juice or grapes or whatever other cheap fruit they use to sweeten instead of sugar.

I fully agree.

I've been experimenting with making my own dried fruit in the dehydrator. I think "fruit leather" is going to be the next project. Never been a big fan of store bought dried fruit, but I made it for my bf, and the home made stuff is sooooo much better. It's actually pretty unbelievable how much better the flavor is. I assume home made fruit leather probably has much better flavor as well, and of course is much healthier.

Back
Top Bottom