Are Oreos as addictive as cocaine?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

vitauta

Executive Chef
apparently they are to lab rats. i suppose i like oreos cookies as much as the next person, and have been known to eat too many of them on occasion. i certainly like to play with my oreos--pulling them apart in different ways, licking the creme from the creme side, scraping my teeth across the creme, and creating groovy patterns in it...but, last time i checked, i wasn't a rat, nor will i ever need to go to cookie rehab for an oreo addiction. though if the test had been conducted with girl scout thin mints instead of oreos....

i wish one of these days a scientific study could prove conclusively, in which cases and to what degree, rats and humans are similarly affected by certain foods and drugs, etc.
but if i ever have a pet rat, i'll know exactly what to feed him to make him real happy, and without the need for cocaine....

I have nothing against oreos, but they aren't my favorite cookie.
That said, I was a teeth scraper groovy pattern person.

Personally I have never felt that about oreos. But for decades I have believed that there is an addictive component added to Girl Scout Thin Mints.

That said, I was a teeth scraper groovy pattern person.

:LOL: Ditto !!

Actually I don't care of Oreo's. My ex sure did like them. I remember one morning waking up and looking over at him and he was sound asleep with an Oreo hanging out of his mouth .. no idea how he didn't choke on that ! To this day he is still called cookie lips.

My favorite has always been Pepperidge Farm Mint Milano cookies, plain old vanilla wafers and pink and white animal cookies with the little sprinkles on them.

Personally I have never felt that about oreos. But for decades I have believed that there is an addictive component added to Girl Scout Thin Mints.

oooh, those thin mints! i'd be interested to know what the the rat's preference would be if offered cocaine, oreos AND thin mints.

rats--they're just like pets and kids. their buying power in the marketplace is incalculable, and it matters not in the least that individually they possess no income whatever....

I shall try the cocaine and then after I am out from the hospital, I shall try the Oreos.

I shall post it here and let you know.

You must be patient of me, however. Oreos are very much easier to find than the reputable cocaine dealers. This may take time.

With love,
~Cat

Back
Top Bottom