Are there any bikers here, am I alone?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
In mountain biking we call that a hardtail.

Here's my hardtail....
img_663451_0_77e1ff0290db4910ccd22b1c27361696.jpg

A guy I ride MX with was a professional downhill rider. He's pushing 40 and has some serious skills on 2 wheels. he's sponsored by Sixsixone and Sunstar.

^^^ Do you have other hobbies besides cooking?

I'm a cycling enthusiast and ride on the street in traffic. I have even less protection if hit by any vehicle.

;)

This is what I am thinking of 'no protection'. I don't think riding in traffic would bother me either if it was me, but when it is one of your children, how can you NOT think of these things. I am programmed to worry about the safety of the family, even the dog gives me cause to worry.

As far as having hobbies, could it be that washing dishes takes time the time of hobbies, plus trying to keep obligations in perspective. Taking the time to communicate with the Discuss Cooking family has been getting more priority in my life. so addicting but a good one.

Thanks for caring.

I try to limit my riding after dark, but if I have to, I use the proper gear. like I said though, those times are very few, besides a hop up the road to the store or something...

As for scooters with clutches, most scooters have twist and go CVT(continuously variable transmission) and no shifting is needed. I have seen some old vespas that are manual 3 speeds though. My Baja averages 89mpg at about a top speed of 65-67, depending on road conditions. At $5.76 to fill the tank(every 2 weeks) it is the MOST economic vehicle I have ever owned, and for a scooter, it looks rather nice.

Since my one son has the scooter, we don't know about repairs. Do they need clutches very often? He was told yesterday that he needs another one. He is fortunate to have found someone who works on scooters. As far as going to the store where he bought it, he does not trust those people. These people that sold him the scooter, where the only dealer here in St Louis. He resented doing business with them as he didn't really have lot of trust in them. Questioned their integrity. Kind of sick feeling. My son has told me that Baja are not being made any where.

Since my one son has the scooter, we don't know about repairs. Do they need clutches very often? He was told yesterday that he needs another one. He is fortunate to have found someone who works on scooters. As far as going to the store where he bought it, he does not trust those people. These people that sold him the scooter, where the only dealer here in St Louis. He resented doing business with them as he didn't really have lot of trust in them. Questioned their integrity. Kind of sick feeling. My son has told me that Baja are not being made any where.

As far as the maintainance schedule goes, I am not too sure. You can tell when a clutch is going bad, as it slips and you loose drive. I would recommend him looking on craigslist for a mechanic, or join a scooter forum to get the "experts" advice.

Back
Top Bottom