Are there any bikers here, am I alone?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
dh and I bike. So far, I only do the non motorized bikes, but I may sign up for a beginners riding class...

here is dh's bike, on the left, and his brothers bike, somewhere in West Virginia

Attachments

• DSCF0141 (2).jpg
    DSCF0141 (2).jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 173
that is a bishon freize.

I thought so, my wife and I own two of the little monsters.

I have a little daughter named Sasha, and my wife owns the boy, Neko.

Despite what you see on those dog awards shows with perfectly coiffed bichons obeying your every whim, we have raised ours as terriers.

Pictures to follow.

img_663354_0_4b4be20e7068a0ece7518dd7e196aba7.jpg

How did I miss this thread?!

I have a scooter for commuting to and from the metro, laugh it up...

but for free time and joy riding I have a buell.

indeed. I am not too into the ricer scene, but I like sport bikes. Buell is kinda a "do it all" bike, long cruises in comfort, but sporty and nimble...and they sound great!

I like the streetfighter look though, really growing on me.

I would ride something like this, in a heartbeat
2742529622_7430c9bf2d_o.jpg

How did I miss this thread?!

I have a scooter for commuting to and from the metro, laugh it up...

but for free time and joy riding I have a buell.

You wouldn't believe what one son rides! A 1980 Honda scooter and looks like a lawnmower motor on it. He doesn't care. He is 6'4" and says he has plenty people ask where he got it. Also has Baja (sp?) gets mad cause I don't spell or say the brand right. Anyway when he first got is his friends told him he looked like rather weird. When gas got to be over $4 never said a word. Now they are all trying to sell their big motors. Oh, everyone likes to ride the bike to work when weather permits. Still have to put up with people saying comments and driving crazy. Do most scooters have clutch? I resent the fact that on weekends he stays out after 12. Only God can protect him in the dark. Everybody likes to have extra drinks on the weekends.

TATTRAT you drive after dark too?

When someone is riding around without a car and I hear the sirens I often feel would they have a chance against a big truck or some kind of car, any car? No protection at all. What makes these things so popular beside the cheap transportation?

You wouldn't believe what one son rides! A 1980 Honda scooter and looks like a lawnmower motor on it. He doesn't care. He is 6'4" and says he has plenty people ask where he got it. Also has Baja (sp?) gets mad cause I don't spell or say the brand right. Anyway when he first got is his friends told him he looked like rather weird. When gas got to be over $4 never said a word. Now they are all trying to sell their big motors. Oh, everyone likes to ride the bike to work when weather permits. Still have to put up with people saying comments and driving crazy. Do most scooters have clutch? I resent the fact that on weekends he stays out after 12. Only God can protect him in the dark. Everybody likes to have extra drinks on the weekends.

TATTRAT you drive after dark too?

I try to limit my riding after dark, but if I have to, I use the proper gear. like I said though, those times are very few, besides a hop up the road to the store or something...

As for scooters with clutches, most scooters have twist and go CVT(continuously variable transmission) and no shifting is needed. I have seen some old vespas that are manual 3 speeds though. My Baja averages 89mpg at about a top speed of 65-67, depending on road conditions. At $5.76 to fill the tank(every 2 weeks) it is the MOST economic vehicle I have ever owned, and for a scooter, it looks rather nice.

When someone is riding around without a car and I hear the sirens I often feel would they have a chance against a big truck or some kind of car, any car? No protection at all. What makes these things so popular beside the cheap transportation?

Riders are VERY aware of their surroundings, trust me, perhaps even more so then cagers(those in cars/truck). I always try to rid in mid range RPM so that if you need it, the power is there to get the heck out of the way. There are the exceptions to the rules, and some very irresponsible riders out there, and those are the ones you hear about on the news. If the person is a crappy driver in a car, watch out for them on a bike(though they have no business being on one, imo). Good road saftey is paramount on two wheels, and so long as you stay rubber side down, you are good to go. I am not concerened about my riding ability, it is others I am worried about. I ride with in my limits and respect the machine.

Unless you have ever ridden a bike, the feeling is hard to explain. It is just freedom, bottom line. And fun.

indeed. I am not too into the ricer scene, but I like sport bikes. Buell is kinda a "do it all" bike, long cruises in comfort, but sporty and nimble...and they sound great!

I like the streetfighter look though, really growing on me.

I would ride something like this, in a heartbeat
2742529622_7430c9bf2d_o.jpg

That thing is sick! ^^^^

If you like chunky, muscular rides check out the new V-Max. Actually has functional scoops now.

Yamaha_new_V_Max_r.JPG

sheesh, that looks lie a LOT of bike! I like it, but would prefer something a little less "bricky"

this is what I would LOVE to see the Buell evolve to

buell-street-fighter-chopper-profile-4.jpg

Anyone ever ride a plunger frame? I was thinking of using one for the bobber project. Something different.

544701.jpg

Back
Top Bottom