Are there any bikers here, am I alone?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chico Buller

Washing Up
As you know, I ride a modified Harley.

However, as a fish out of water I also rub elbows with some high-end chefs. You'd be amazed at how many Madsion sous-chefs now scrub their elbows, but I digress.

Any other deviant, long-haired, Harley-ridin' folks here, or am I the only one...

img_662162_0_cf19f0c72905a1fad4d6b3c9c692788f.jpg

Not a Harley, not yet, at least. I have two chances on a raffle for one. I rode for the better part of 20 years. I gave it and my bike up. because my hips were bad and I could not do what needed to be done. Over the years, I had 5 bikes. No Harley. I could not then, nor can I now afford one. I have two new hips and feel great, hence the chances on the Harley. We do have some dirt riders and some ATV riders here.

Wish me luck on the Harley. Only 600 tickets to be sold.

AC

I ride, but am too small for a Hawg.

'72 Laverda 750..Italian bike, skinny like me...well sorta...

Eric, Austin Tx.

Me or the bicyclist?

If it's me, I've ridden Dyna Glides (calle Super Glides "in the day") and a few Sportsters all my life. They referred to dressers as "garbage wagons."

I ride for fun now. It helps me decompress from the mad world of sleeping late and working about three hours per day...

I don't consider myself a "biker", not in the true sense of the word as in living the lifestyle. My wallet does not have a chain on it and I wear shorts in the summer (never on the bike though :ohmy:). I got another Harley last year after several years without. So I just ride now to get the rush when I need to and slow down and enjoy the scenery when I need to do that. I'll try to remember to take the camera with me next time I go riding and get a pick of me on the bike :wacko:

Attachments

• bike3.JPG
    bike3.JPG
    69.5 KB · Views: 149
hey pacanis--------
you don't need to be a 1 percenter (tho' there's nothing wrong with that, lol) to be a "biker"...............
but you DO need a motor, otherwise you are a "cyclist"

.....just my opinion

Any other deviant, long-haired, Harley-ridin' folks here, or am I the only one...

I don't have hair, never owned a Hardly, Deviant is NOT some place you want to go with me, and I parked my last bike too long ago*

And I'm still more of a Biker than most Hardly riders these days. After using a Scooter for transportation for about two decades it's not something that goes completely away.

*Wife spent the first 6 years of our marriage crying about Virago. I was getting too Squiddish, got in that last bit of trouble on Her, parked her. Wife has spent the last 8 years crying about not having a bike. Sheesh!

Looking to getting another bike, Wife wants a Road Cruiser, I'm pestering my friend to cut loose with his 650 Maxim. I need a 'refresher course' before getting a 800 pound Road Barge.

Funny thing is I'm looking to getting 2 wheels powered by my legs first, for my physical health.

hey pacanis--------
you don't need to be a 1 percenter (tho' there's nothing wrong with that, lol)

Actually there is something very wrong with being a 1%

A true 1% is a sociopath. These are people you do not want to associate with. I know because I've been around a few.

A Poser 1% is .... sad. Thats the nicest thing I can say about them.

Don't care for them. Too chicken to ride. My sister and bil are die hard hawg riders though. Or, they were. Now that bil has cancer, they don't ride as much. They use to go on rides with their chapter once a week on locals and twice monthly on long rides. They went to Virginia a couple of years ago. Hurricane Katrina followed them all the way back. They missed it by a day through Florida and the southern states. They absolutely love their rides though. Wish I was a braver person, LOL

why did you ride for before ?? just curious.......

As a late teen and well into my thirties I either didn't own a car, or even a reliable one.

From 1969 to 1974 was a club member. We rode--period. One summer it rained so much that my leather jacket never dried out between the storms. Frankly, it was a macho thing.

Yes, I rode today and for the last few days, every day, and sometimes twice in a day. But the weather has been beautiful. I'll ride through October, perhaps early November, but then Betty goes back to the shop for more winter customizations.

hey pacanis--------
you don't need to be a 1 percenter (tho' there's nothing wrong with that, lol) to be a "biker"...............
but you DO need a motor, otherwise you are a "cyclist"

.....just my opinion

Yeah, but I'm still old school. I use the term biker to mean biker, not just someone who rides. Someone who has their HOG paraphernalia and Easy Rider poster in the living room, not the rec room. Although I suppose I should broaden my terminology with all these scooter riders on the road now :LOL:

"1 percenter", now there's an old Hunter S Thompson phrase taken from an old AMA stat :cool: I would guess a lot more than 1% of the US population ride now, especially judging from that Roar on the Shore I recently posted on. All walks of life, and all makes of bikes, which is pretty cool.

lol, where'd you come up with that term?
Cuz they ride from their house to the liquor store, with just enough room under the seat for a couple bottles?

There's a guy who rides down my road on an actual scooter every day it's decent outside, for a couple years now. Last year he had a yellow one, this year it's red. He does it twice a day and it's usually an hour or so and he's headin' back in the other direction. No coffee shop in town... no idea where's he's riding.... errr, I mean scootin' to. :LOL:
Funny thing is, he has a big Goldwing, too. Guess he prefers the scooter for scootin'

lol, where'd you come up with that term?
Cuz they ride from their house to the liquor store, with just enough room under the seat for a couple bottles?

No, because when someone loses their license due to a DUI they can still ride a scooter around here - hence, liquor cycle. :ROFLMAO: That term has been around for a VERY long time here.

Back
Top Bottom