Are there any computer geniuses out there?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LEFSElover

Executive Chef
I need help.
Called APPLE last night for manager there to help me with what he told me he could do, but now says, probably can't.
Here's the situation.
TMobil for me is gone, ATT is what I switched over to.
TMobil is still husbands carrier.
I had to forward my messages to my husbands phone to not lose them when switching to iPhone.
Was told my Mr. ATT that it'd work.
Not.
How can I get those messages off my husbands TMobil samsung phone that doesn't have a "earphone/earplug hole" but does have a slit for a computer cable port. Then turn them into mp3 files after switching them over to our laptop or desktop computer?
In other words, TMobil can't help us get these voice mails off his phone and then provide a way for me to save them so they can be put on "my iPhone".
It seems an easy enough question but not for me nor my husband.
His quiry is, that he doesn't want to have to buy software and cable hook up thingies just to be able to save these 8 voice mails for me. He's thinking of getting out of TMobil too so they what to do with these things you've just spent money on, there'll be no need for them and they'd be a one use item anyway.
Can you help? Anyone know what I'm asking here? Anyone know how to do it?
Computer savvy girl here, uh uh. Husband is only slightly more proficient.

HELP!!! Before I lose these precious messages from my baby's PLEASE!

don't you get the software with the telephone when purchasing it?
That's the way I know, every new telephone brings its CD with it..

The Software usually is Phonebrand specific, so if you have an SE-Phone it will work with the SE-SW, if you have a Nokia it wirks with Nokia-SW.. not depending on your provider.

Check out this forum. They have a section specifically for iPhones. Everyone there is very helpful (like here) and you will most likely get an answer very quickly. I seem to get answers seconds after I post them there sometimes.

Does you computer have a microphone? If it does, or you can borrow a microphone, you'll need an application that records from line-in. Audacity is free and you can download it from their website. Play the messages (on speakerphone, if the Samsung-you didn't say what model-has that feature) into the microphone while recording from line-in. You can save them as .wav files...highest quality, or .mp3 files of varying quality. If you save them as .wav, you can compress them into .mp3 later for portability. You might also be able to transfer them from phone to computer via Bluetooth if both are so equipped. You might also go to the cellphone carrier's website, and see if they provide the application to do what you want. They often do. Of course, they may want to sell you a data cable, for a phone your husband may not keep.

you could play them on speaker from one phone to the other
when your voicemail picks up .. kind of primitive but
an easy solution ...

If you find a way to turn them into an mp3 (and that site I sent you hopefully will have an answer on that) then all you will need to do is drag those mp3's into your iTunes library and then from there onto your iPhone. It will show those files as songs on your iPhone.

Check out this forum. They have a section specifically for iPhones. Everyone there is very helpful (like here) and you will most likely get an answer very quickly. I seem to get answers seconds after I post them there sometimes.
waiting for activation email to arrive so I can post, thanks GB

don't you get the software with the telephone when purchasing it?
That's the way I know, every new telephone brings its CD with it..

The Software usually is Phonebrand specific, so if you have an SE-Phone it will work with the SE-SW, if you have a Nokia it wirks with Nokia-SW.. not depending on your provider.
No software came with Samsung TMobil phone, promise no CD. I have to try calling TMobil again and get a tech support person who actually knows something. Uff da............:huh: but thanks Cara..........

you could play them on speaker from one phone to the other when your voicemail picks up .. kind of primitive but
an easy solution ...
you know what? that just may work. I'll turn the volume up on both of them so it'll record some little sounds from the baby's.
thank you all...........
I am going to the TMobil store in the Mall tonight when a supposed manager is very keene on everything computer. I'll take hubby's phone, and my laptop with the microphone too, my iPhone not that I expect anything to be done there, we'll have to figure that out if Mr. TMobil can help me get these off and get 'em saved to my computer somehow.
I really like the idea of Love2Q and will try that when hubby gets home, I'll start with one and see if it works before trying to do same with all 8 voicemails.
If you find a way to turn them into an mp3 (and that site I sent you hopefully will have an answer on that) then all you will need to do is drag those mp3's into your iTunes library and then from there onto your iPhone. It will show those files as songs on your iPhone.
No answer yet so far GB on that site. I am registered though and activated and did post my inquiry so I'm just waiting for the right person to log in and help me, thanks GB....

Can he just forward them back to you as new messages?
unfortunately no, TMobil and AT&T are not compatible.
I see by a web site for APPLE forums someone posted that I could save them myself to the computer via a VoIP and that Vonage offers that with using them which we do. However, the voice mails have to be on your house {Vonage} phone to use Vonage not a TMobil phone. aARgh.......

There is voice editing software for PC's here are 2 that are free.
Download Audio Editing Software - Free Sound Editor
Download Voice Editing Software Shareware & Freeware Software

This is the search term that I used on google

software voice editor - Google Search

With that you could put a microphine (They are inexpensive) on your PC and play the messages and record them. You could then turn them into most anything you might like.

HTH

AC

P. S. My advice - Burn them inti a CD for posterity. Cell phones go bad and get lost.

- AC

Cell phones and laptops often are Bluetooth equipped. If your phone and laptop both are, you can transfer files from phone to computer via Bluetooth. Easily.

Update:

Last night I went into the TMobil store here at our Mall.
I had called TMobil in desperation yesterday and wouldn't let them hang up until they gave me some concrete advice.
They set me up with the manager there. Was told if he can't do it for you, no one can cause he's a computer nerd.
Took my laptop, my microphone off our desktop, yep, they are cheap, like $14 at Radio Hut, took hubby's phone and mine, and after him taking it in the back room, which I will admit did make me nervous, he got them off hubby's phone and onto my laptop in the form of iTunes. They are now erased from husbands phone, he'll be thrilled and I am finally able to relax.

Telling my husband that the guy took my computer in the back room alone, he almost had a coronary. "Do you know what information that man could and may have gotten off your computer?" Well, I am a trusting soul and if I'm shot in the foot with this, and I honestly don't think I am or got scammed, it's my own fault. Hoping it'll be just as it should be, if not, I know who messed me up and our neighbor is chief of police. < Like that has any influence.

Anyway, it's done and thank you all so much for helping me.
Cara, yes we'd checked the Samsung and there was no info on there about what we needed to do.
Gadzooks, you're very knowledgeable and I am thankful for all you told me.
GB, there were 22 who viewed 0 reponses but thanks for sending me there cause it could have worked. I think I asked a question they didn't think related. Odd thing is though, reading that site, there are a ton of people with messed up iPhones.
Adillo, thank you, very much appreciated, husband can download either of these for future use. I don't want to go through this ever again.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom